Located at the base of the Flat Tops Mountains in Northwest Colorado, the 1,046± deeded acre Son Hi Ranch occupies a prime location in one of the most scenic areas of the Yampa Valley. The ranch is adjacent to the Routt National Forest and offers a well-balanced blend of hunting, angling, general recreating, and livestock operation. Diverse topography is comprised of forested mountain terrain, open parks, lush upland pasture, as well as a total of 140± acres of irrigated hay meadow and pasture. In addition to significant water rights and two stocked lakes, both North and Middle Hunt Creeks flow through the property. As a result of its superior natural resources and proximity to public lands, the ranch has long provided excellent big game hunting. From its location on a private mesa, the 6,200± square foot owner’s home features spectacular panoramic views from the valley to snow covered peaks. In addition to its five bedrooms and five baths, the contemporary log-sided and accented home includes a grand room with cathedral ceilings, reading loft with wildlife viewing balcony, oversized 2 car garage, two fireplaces, rec room, and three sides of wrap-around deck. Additional historic ranch houses have been impeccably maintained or renovated and provide additional housing for guests and family. Three metal equipment and hay storage buildings, an historic barn, and additional outbuildings serve the ranch’s agricultural and recreational needs. Steamboat Springs is a 40 minute drive to the north and Vail is a 1.5 hour drive to the south. Access is year-round via paved highway and 3 miles of maintained county road.Save Property Download Brochure
Just the Facts
- Spectacular mountain and valley views
- Contemporary log-sided home sited on private mesa
- Adjacent to the Routt National Forest and 1 mile from Crosho Lake
- Private yet easily accessible via paved and maintained county roads
- Favorable topography including rolling hills, valleys, and numerous high vistas
- Diverse vegetation comprised of meadows, pasture, spruce, fir, pine, and aspen forest, as well as open parks with native grass
- Excellent angling on 2 private stocked lakes
- 3 springs and 1.75± miles of year-round creeks
- Extensive water rights with well constructed and maintained storage and delivery systems
- 60± acres of irrigated hay meadow and 80± acres of irrigated pasture
- Working cattle ranch stocked with 90 pairs during the summer grazing season
- Perimeter and cross fenced
- Excellent big game hunting for both elk and mule deer
- Limitless year-round recreational opportunities
- Unencumbered by conservation easements
- 31 miles south of Steamboat Springs
- 8 miles from Yampa
- 1.5 hour drive from Vail
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Deeded Acres: 1,046±
Total Acres: 1,046±
* All acreages are approximations.
Other PropertiesMore Like This
“When it was time to invest in a ranch for our family, we knew we needed to work with Hall and Hall. The expertise is unsurpassed.”
A sprawling Montana ranch…on the market for $12 million was the reader favorite in the WSJ’s annual House of the Year contest.
In 1988, Joel Leadbetter became a partner at Hall and Hall where he has been instrumental in completing complicated, high-profile deals such as the recent sale of Texas’ historic 512,000-acre Waggoner Ranch.
Oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens put his Texas panhandle property on the market and it’s listed for a massive $250 million.
“The professionalism, preparation, and overall positive demeanor exhibited… were truly impressive… I have never before worked with a more dedicated, knowledgeable, and level-headed sales professional.”
America’s Best Brokerages