This scenic high mountain ranch is located 45 minutes from Breckenridge Ski Resort and 75 minutes southwest of Denver. The 830± acre property features 1.3± miles of meandering Tarryall Creek set against a backdrop of the snow-capped peaks of the Continental Divide. The stream is home to a vibrant, self-sustaining population of wild brown trout along with the occasional rainbow and brook trout. The owners completed extensive riparian plantings and stream enhancements over the past few years, significantly improving habitat, shelter and the fishery resulting in fish counts over 2,000 fish per mile on the adjacent upstream property. There is a stunning homesite location at a notch in the valley, overlooking the ranch with the mountains of multiple ranges visible in the distance. In addition to being ecologically important and protected, the ranch is adjacent to BLM lands as well as several large ranches and is easily accessible from paved Highway 285.Save Property Download Brochure
Just the Facts
- 830± acres with dramatic views of surrounding snow-capped mountain peaks.
- Varied landscape with shortgrass prairie, riparian corridor, a globally rare fen and some aspen and pine trees.
- Great fishing in Tarryall Creek with vibrant, self-sustaining population of wild brown trout.
- The stream and riparian area have been restored and enhanced to improve fish and wildlife habitat.
- Adjacent to BLM and large ranches and near National Forest.
- Well-recognized ecologically important and protected property.
- Modest existing improvements with the ability to construct new homes and/or ranch compound.
- Wide variety of wildlife live on and around the ranch.
- Located only 45 minutes from Breckenridge and 75 minutes from Denver.
- Easily accessible from State Highway 285 as well as County Road 15.
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Deeded Acres: 830±
Total Acres: 830±
* All acreages are approximations.
Other PropertiesMore Like This
“When it was time to invest in a ranch for our family, we knew we needed to work with Hall and Hall. The expertise is unsurpassed.”
A sprawling Montana ranch…on the market for $12 million was the reader favorite in the WSJ’s annual House of the Year contest.
In 1988, Joel Leadbetter became a partner at Hall and Hall where he has been instrumental in completing complicated, high-profile deals such as the recent sale of Texas’ historic 512,000-acre Waggoner Ranch.
Oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens put his Texas panhandle property on the market and it’s listed for a massive $250 million.
“The professionalism, preparation, and overall positive demeanor exhibited… were truly impressive… I have never before worked with a more dedicated, knowledgeable, and level-headed sales professional.”
America’s Best Brokerages