Pokey Camp Rach consists of approximately 1,581 acres of rolling, wooded ranchland nestled between Thornton and Old Union, west of Lake Limestone. Duck hunt in the morning, feed your cows a few cubes at lunch, then go to the deer stand in the evening. Abundant lakes and ponds, duck, deer and hog hunting and a fully functional cabin including electricity, hot water and a fireplace. Great roads, miles and miles of trails and ROW’s, fenced and cross-fenced. Wander your way to nearly 20 seasonal and permanent bodies of water and find that Pokey Camp Ranch supports a mecca of native wildlife with shallow duck habitat and a large 11-acre lake. With over 120 feet of elevation change, this ranch offers diverse beauty and serene habitat, variety of soils, and endless groves to explore - it can truly be considered a hunter’s paradise to get lost in. Located roughly 40 miles east of Waco, 50 miles north of Bryan, and less than 100 miles south of DFW, Pokey Camp is situated in the heart of the Brazos valley ranchlands.Save Property Download Brochure
Just the Facts
- 1,581 acres, more or less.
- Easterly access from FM-937 near Old Union
- Westerly access from LCR-758 east of Thorton
- Well-developed interior oilfield roads and trails
- Hardwoods, juniper, yaupon, and willows
- Primarily sandy soils with limestone and iron ore outcroppings
- One large 11± acre lake
- 15 other ponds, borrow pits, and shallow flats
- Endless number of cleared ROW’s for deer hunting
- Nice cabin with electricity, hot water, fireplace, porches and two bathrooms
- Two storage barns
- Approximately 200 acres of scattered pasture land
- Excellent 6-strand perimeter fencing
- Additional 200± acres available nearby
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Deeded Acres: 1,749±
Total Acres: 1,749±
* All acreages are approximations.
Other PropertiesMore Like This
“When it was time to invest in a ranch for our family, we knew we needed to work with Hall and Hall. The expertise is unsurpassed.”
A sprawling Montana ranch…on the market for $12 million was the reader favorite in the WSJ’s annual House of the Year contest.
In 1988, Joel Leadbetter became a partner at Hall and Hall where he has been instrumental in completing complicated, high-profile deals such as the recent sale of Texas’ historic 512,000-acre Waggoner Ranch.
Oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens put his Texas panhandle property on the market and it’s listed for a massive $250 million.
“The professionalism, preparation, and overall positive demeanor exhibited… were truly impressive… I have never before worked with a more dedicated, knowledgeable, and level-headed sales professional.”
America’s Best Brokerages