The Bar Cross Ranch operates on over 20,000± acres with breathtaking views of the Wind River Mountain Range, 13 miles north of Pinedale and an easy one-hour drive from Jackson. The historic ranch headquarters sits along the banks of the New Fork River and provides private access to over two miles of outstanding wade fishing with strong populations of brown, rainbow and cutthroat trout. Over 1,000-acres of productive irrigated native hay meadows provide a base for a ranch that has historically run 400± mother cows plus bulls and replacement heifers. The Bar Cross Ranch is an exceptional sporting ranch with extensive world-class fly fishing on one of Wyoming’s renowned fisheries as well as easy private access to big game hunting.Save Property Download Brochure
Just the Facts
- Location: 65 miles south of Jackson Hole and 13 miles north of Pinedale
- Acreage: 5,007± deeded acres and over 15,000 acres of forest, BLM and state leases
- Production: 1,000± acres of irrigated native hay meadows, and estimated to run 400 mother cows plus bulls and replacement heifers
- Fishing: excellent fishing along three+ miles of the New Fork River, two miles of which are on deeded land along both sides of the river
- Improvements: a historic two-story 3,850± square foot home sits at the ranch headquarters along the New Fork River; additionally, there are two additional homes, a barn, shop and equipment shed
- Key features: excellent on-site fishing, close proximity to big game hunting via private national forest access, productive hay meadows, range to support year-round cow/calf operation, breathtaking views of the Wind River Mountain Range, and easy access to Jackson Hole
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Deeded Acres: 5,007±
State Leased Acres: 640±
BLM Leased Acres: 3,691±
Other Leased Acres: 10,786±
Total Leased Acres: 15,117±
Total Acres: 20,124±
Acres of Irrigated Crop: 1,750±
Acres AG Total: 1,750±
* All acreages are approximations.
Other PropertiesMore Like This
“When it was time to invest in a ranch for our family, we knew we needed to work with Hall and Hall. The expertise is unsurpassed.”
A sprawling Montana ranch…on the market for $12 million was the reader favorite in the WSJ’s annual House of the Year contest.
In 1988, Joel Leadbetter became a partner at Hall and Hall where he has been instrumental in completing complicated, high-profile deals such as the recent sale of Texas’ historic 512,000-acre Waggoner Ranch.
Oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens put his Texas panhandle property on the market and it’s listed for a massive $250 million.
“The professionalism, preparation, and overall positive demeanor exhibited… were truly impressive… I have never before worked with a more dedicated, knowledgeable, and level-headed sales professional.”
America’s Best Brokerages