Pokey Camp Rach consists of approximately 1,581 acres of rolling, wooded ranchland nestled between Thornton and Old Union, west of Lake Limestone. Duck hunt in the morning, feed your cows a few cubes at lunch, then go to the deer stand in the evening. Abundant lakes and ponds, duck, deer and hog hunting and a fully functional cabin including electricity, hot water and a fireplace. Great roads, miles and miles of trails and ROW’s, fenced and cross-fenced. Wander your way to nearly 20 seasonal and permanent bodies of water and find that Pokey Camp Ranch supports a mecca of native wildlife with shallow duck habitat and a large 11-acre lake. With over 120 feet of elevation change, this ranch offers diverse beauty and serene habitat, variety of soils, and endless groves to explore - it can truly be considered a hunter’s paradise to get lost in. Located roughly 40 miles east of Waco, 50 miles north of Bryan, and less than 100 miles south of DFW, Pokey Camp is situated in the heart of the Brazos valley ranchlands.
- 1,581 acres, more or less
- Easterly access from FM-937 near Old Union
- Westerly access from LCR-758 east of Thorton
- Well-developed interior oilfield roads and trails
- Hardwoods, juniper, yaupon and willows
- Primarily sand soils with limestone and iron ore outcroppings
- One large 11± acre lake
- 15 other ponds, borrow pits, and shallow flats
- Endless number of cleared ROW’s for deer
- Nice cabin with electricity, hot water, fireplace, porches and two bathrooms
- Two storage barns
- Approximately 200 acres of scattered pasture land
- Excellent 6-strand perimeter fencing
Additional 200± acres available nearby
NOTICE: Offering is subject to errors, omissions, prior sale, change or withdrawal without notice, and approval of purchase by owner. Information regarding land classifications, acreages, carrying capacities, potential profits, etc., are intended only as general guidelines and have been provided by sources deemed reliable, but whose accuracy we cannot guarantee. Prospective buyers should verify all information to their satisfaction. Prospective buyers should also be aware that the photographs in this brochure may have been digitally enhanced.