Pop culture in the 1950s || As Baby Boomers were approaching their teenage years they were shaking things up, and had some significant contributions to pop culture history!
- Rock and roll music quickly grew in favor of teens, and legends like Elvis Presley and Little Richard rose to stardom. Other genres featured stars such as Frank Sinatra and Johnny Cash
- By 1955, half of all American homes had a television, leading to the creation of popular programs such as Leave it to Beaver, Father Knows Best, and Captain Kangaroo
- Americans fell in love with a new concept called a “sports car,” with the most popular being the ’57 Chevy, which looked great parked at the drive-in
- The Yankees dominated the decade in baseball, featuring prominent players like Yogi Berra and Joe DiMaggio
- Coco Chanel was influencing the fashion world with her iconic jacket designs