Blue Mesa Lake Sporting Ranch is a 160± acre secluded sporting retreat in Gunnison County alongside Blue Mesa Reservoir, Colorado’s largest body of water. Its cove access to the lake offers the best of waterfront and mountain living beneath the iconic Pearson Point. Hunters, fishers, and nature-lovers will appreciate the ranch’s unique position within the Curecanti National Recreation Area adjacent to the West Elk Wilderness. An abundance of wildlife exists both on and off the property with springs, drainages, and access to adjacent public land. The property offers stunning panoramic views from every vantage. Gunnison is nearby for easy access to goods and groceries, as well as the Gunnison County Airport. Its restored historic compound features two cabins and a loafing barn with a corral and stock tanks. A portion of the film True Grit was filmed near this property.
Just the Facts
- 160± acres
- Adjacent to Blue Mesa Reservoir and West Elk Wilderness
- Located within Curecanti National Recreation Area
- Panoramic views of the San Juan Mountains and Pearson Point
- 30 miles from Gunnison and Gunnison County Airport
- Restored historic compound including two bunk cabins, hitching post, loafing barn, corral, and stock tanks
- Fenced and cross-fenced for potential 15-20 head of livestock
- Located in GMU 54 for trophy elk and deer hunting
- Access points to Blue Mesa Lake and West Elk Creek for salmon and trout fishing
- Two year-round springs
- Abundant wildlife including elk, deer, bear, moose, mountain lion, bighorn sheep, antelope, coyote, fox, beaver, eagle, hawk, heron, ducks, and geese
- Private road access
- Full water rights
- Opportunity for a conservation easement
- 2019 taxes: $1,460.01
- Within driving distance of three major ski resorts: Crested Butte, Aspen, and Telluride
- Known as an important historic filming location for the classic film “True Grit”
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Highlighted by a stunning mountain landscape and truly exceptional improvements, 6,343± acre Elk Island Ranch is an amazing four-season recreational paradise, located only 10 minutes from a real town with jet strip.
The 9,565± acre ranch is situated along the banks of the North Loup River in the Nebraska Sandhills. It is a highly diversified and top-notch ranch with excellent improvements, abundant wildlife and excellent rangeland.
Most brokers have a strong sense of independence, so brokerages work around that, but Hall and Hall is not about the one working alone—our strength and longevity is built on the broker partnership structure
Combining Yampa River and mountainous land, this 3,745± acre ranch stands out for its big fish, big game hunting and convenient location within 20 minutes of Steamboat Springs and the regional airport.
Gearhart Ranch is 9,155± acres of productive grasslands in the Davis Mountains. Successful highland cattle operation for over 100 years. Exceptional game, stunning beauty and starry nights.
Our clients select Hall and Hall because of the agency’s reputation for excellence and 74 years of building relationships
Scenic working cattle and recreational ranch located near Big Sky Resort. Recently constructed impeccable custom-designed improvements. Elk, deer, antelope and bear. Ranch is being offered turn-key inclusive of equipment and furnishings.
1,913± acres of some of the most historic and coveted plantation lands in the Red Hills. Incredible location just five miles from downtown Thomasville, Georgia surrounded by other quail plantations.
“The underlying theme you must recognize in making a land purchase is: land has become recognized as an investment-class asset”
Cattle ranch and recreational property. Grassy hillsides, pastures, irrigated pivots, hay ground and treed creek and river bottoms. Five and a half miles of Cheyenne River and 13 miles of Rapid Creek.
End-of-the-road private family retreat on the river encompassed on three sides by USFS in dramatic setting under towering craggy peaks. Thoughtfully executed, classic log improvements. Year-round access 45 miles from Cody.