Parrot Creek Ranch, just 35 miles north of Billings, includes nearly 14,000 acres in a contiguous almost entirely deeded block of top quality timbered grazing land that offers exceptional habitat for trophy quality elk, deer and other wildlife. It hosts around 1,000 yearlings seasonally. They are carefully rotated through the ranch’s 14 fenced and well-watered pastures. Boasting 11 wells, 12 miles of pipeline and 12 live springs, it offers excellent water resources. Improvements include a 5-bedroom log lodge, a manager’s home and a full complement of outbuildings. The 220± acres of dryland and irrigated cropland offers a potential winter feed base for a year-round operation. Terrain is rolling to mountainous occupying some of the highest elevations in the Bull Mountains.
Just the Facts
- Location – 35 miles north of Billings Montana’s largest city.
- Acreage – Just shy of 14,000 acres including 640± acres of State land and 480± acres of BLM
- Improvements – 5 Bedroom log lodge, nice manager’s home and complete operating improvements.
- Wildlife – Outstanding habitat for trophy quality elk and deer plus bear and turkey.
- Operation – Summers 1,000 yearlings plus 220± acres of irrigated and dryland crop.
- Description – Timbered rangeland with open valleys, deep draws and sandstone formations.
- Summary – Terrific elk hunting ranch with great operating component.
Learn more about the property
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Deeded Acres: 12,832±
State Leased Acres: 640±
BLM Leased Acres: 200±
Total Leased Acres: 840±
Total Acres: 13,672±
Water rights have been filed on all sources, some dating back to 1910 priority date. both the West Parrott Creek and East Parrott Crek drainages originate on the ranch and run intermittently during the year.