Unique opportunity to acquire a 522± deeded acre national forest inholding with attractive and turnkey improvements, big views, big game hunting, and a stream with small trout – all within easy striking distance of Denver. The aptly named Aspen Ridge Ranch features an outstanding mountain setting with stands of aspen and pine, sage, and nearly 150 acres of irrigated and sub-irrigated meadow within northwestern Colorado’s Routt National Forest. The natural beauty of this place is complimented by the tastefully constructed and off-grid 4 Bed/Bath residence, luxury owner’s cabin, large shop, and yurt. In addition to quality elk and mule deer hunting, the ranch and surrounding public lands offer limitless recreational opportunities including OHV, ATV, and snowmobile riding. Access is seasonal and the ranch is a 30-minute drive from the communities of Kremmling and Yampa as well as County Road 11/The Trough Road at Radium, Colorado. The ranch is a 1-hour drive from Vail, Beaver Creek, and Steamboat Springs. Offered in cooperation with William George, Colorado Ranch Company.
Just the Facts
- 522± deeded acre Routt National Forest inholding
- 150± acres of irrigated and sub-irrigated meadow
- Significant water rights
- Over 1 mile frontage on East Fork of Blacktail Creek with brook trout
- Located in Colorado Game Management Unit (GMU) 15 with over-the-counter elk licenses and easy to draw deer licenses
- Diverse habitat with quality elk and mule deer hunting on the property and surrounding public lands
- Expansive views of the Gore Range and surrounding public lands
- Turnkey offering with a list of furnishings and equipment provided upon qualified request
- 4-bedroom, 4-bath, 3,000 square foot home with 4 suite layout, rec-room, expansive decks, chef’s kitchen, and great room with vaulted ceilings
- 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1,164 square foot custom cabin with a chef’s kitchen, spacious loft, and large deck with views
- Well-appointed yurt with 3 sleeping quarters (two on main floor + loft), solar power with generator backup, woodstove, propane cooking stove, and wrap-around deck with views
- 3,200 square foot heated and insulated workshop with concrete floors, large loft, workout room, woodworking shop, 3 large bays, and generator room housing two 30kW Capstone micro-turbine propane generators that power the ranch (1 generator powers the ranch and the other serves as a backup to ensure redundancy)
- Exceptionally engineered infrastructure, including 10+gallon/minute well, 25,000 water storage tank and fire hydrants, and underground utilities
- Backyard access to the southern portion of Routt National Forest
- A short drive down the hill to angling and rafting on the Colorado River
- Limitless recreational activities both on the ranch and surrounding public lands.
- One hour to Steamboat Springs and Vail
- 2.5 hours from Denver
- 30 minutes from groceries, dining, fuel, and airstrip in Kremmling
- Quiet and peaceful
Other PropertiesMore Like This
White River RetreatMeeker, CO
Highlighted by a beautiful private stretch of the coveted White River encompassing both sides of the river, this unimproved 45± acre property also features irrigated meadows with senior water rights and multiple building sites.
Snowmass Falls RanchAspen, CO
The ultimate mountain escape, encompassing the stunning Snowmass Creek valley, surrounded by wilderness and alpine peaks. This extraordinary 650± acre private retreat features a secluded end-of-the-road setting, yet is within minutes of Snowmass and Aspen.
Highlighted by a stunning mountain landscape and truly exceptional improvements, 6,343± acre Elk Island Ranch is an amazing four-season recreational paradise, located only 10 minutes from a real town with jet strip.
The 9,565± acre ranch is situated along the banks of the North Loup River in the Nebraska Sandhills. It is a highly diversified and top-notch ranch with excellent improvements, abundant wildlife and excellent rangeland.
Water rights, creeks and wetlands create a wildlife haven. National Forest borders on 1,027± acres in Bitterroot. New barn/shop complex and 2,200 sq. ft. owner’s quarters are ready to go.
Combining Yampa River and mountainous land, this 3,745± acre ranch stands out for its big fish, big game hunting and convenient location within 20 minutes of Steamboat Springs and the regional airport.
Gearhart Ranch is 9,155± acres of productive grasslands in the Davis Mountains. Successful highland cattle operation for over 100 years. Exceptional game, stunning beauty and starry nights.
Encompassing a diverse landscape of 26,056± total acres (20,502± deeded plus 5,554± leased) that are well-blocked and extremely private, Thunder River Ranch combines a large working ranch with outstanding big game hunting and fishing.
Scenic working cattle and recreational ranch located near Big Sky Resort. Recently constructed impeccable custom-designed improvements. Elk, deer, antelope and bear. Ranch is being offered turn-key inclusive of equipment and furnishings.
1,913± acres of some of the most historic and coveted plantation lands in the Red Hills. Incredible location just five miles from downtown Thomasville, Georgia surrounded by other quail plantations.
Turnkey 1,134± acre ranch featuring superb fishing on the Elk River, stream, lake, ponds, irrigated hay meadows, national forest adjacency, remodeled main home with guest, equestrian and support buildings, and location 20 minutes from Steamboat.
Cattle ranch and recreational property. Grassy hillsides, pastures, irrigated pivots, hay ground and treed creek and river bottoms. Five and a half miles of Cheyenne River and 13 miles of Rapid Creek.
End-of-the-road private family retreat on the river encompassed on three sides by USFS in dramatic setting under towering craggy peaks. Thoughtfully executed, classic log improvements. Year-round access 45 miles from Cody.
The historic Duck Bar Ranch is comprised of 7,005± acres located in the Nebraska Sandhills and features over 6-miles of Gordon Creek. The ranch boasts a carrying capacity of 400 cows with supporting livestock.