Unique opportunity to acquire a 522± deeded acre national forest inholding with attractive and turnkey improvements, big views, big game hunting, and a stream with small trout – all within easy striking distance of Denver. The aptly named Aspen Ridge Ranch features an outstanding mountain setting with stands of aspen and pine, sage, and nearly 150 acres of irrigated and sub-irrigated meadow within northwestern Colorado’s Routt National Forest. The natural beauty of this place is complimented by the tastefully constructed and off-grid 4 Bed/Bath residence, luxury owner’s cabin, large shop, and yurt. In addition to quality elk and mule deer hunting, the ranch and surrounding public lands offer limitless recreational opportunities including OHV, ATV, and snowmobile riding. Access is seasonal and the ranch is a 30-minute drive from the communities of Kremmling and Yampa as well as County Road 11/The Trough Road at Radium, Colorado. The ranch is a 1-hour drive from Vail, Beaver Creek, and Steamboat Springs. Offered in cooperation with William George, Colorado Ranch Company.
Just the Facts
- 522± deeded acre Routt National Forest inholding
- 150± acres of irrigated and sub-irrigated meadow
- Significant water rights
- Over 1 mile frontage on East Fork of Blacktail Creek with brook trout
- Located in Colorado Game Management Unit (GMU) 15 with over-the-counter elk licenses and easy to draw deer licenses
- Diverse habitat with quality elk and mule deer hunting on the property and surrounding public lands
- Expansive views of the Gore Range and surrounding public lands
- Turnkey offering with a list of furnishings and equipment provided upon qualified request
- 4-bedroom, 4-bath, 3,000 square foot home with 4 suite layout, rec-room, expansive decks, chef’s kitchen, and great room with vaulted ceilings
- 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1,164 square foot custom cabin with a chef’s kitchen, spacious loft, and large deck with views
- Well-appointed yurt with 3 sleeping quarters (two on main floor + loft), solar power with generator backup, woodstove, propane cooking stove, and wrap-around deck with views
- 3,200 square foot heated and insulated workshop with concrete floors, large loft, workout room, woodworking shop, 3 large bays, and generator room housing two 30kW Capstone micro-turbine propane generators that power the ranch (1 generator powers the ranch and the other serves as a backup to ensure redundancy)
- Exceptionally engineered infrastructure, including 10+gallon/minute well, 25,000 water storage tank and fire hydrants, and underground utilities
- Backyard access to the southern portion of Routt National Forest
- A short drive down the hill to angling and rafting on the Colorado River
- Limitless recreational activities both on the ranch and surrounding public lands.
- One hour to Steamboat Springs and Vail
- 2.5 hours from Denver
- 30 minutes from groceries, dining, fuel, and airstrip in Kremmling
- Quiet and peaceful
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Moonshine RanchLa Veta, CO
Moonshine Ranch, located near La Veta, offers 6,300± deeded and 3,400± acres of internally landlocked BLM land. Modestly improved, extraordinarily scenic, abundant wildlife, extremely private, sensational views, and diverse topography.
South Comanche RanchByers, CO
Located an hour from Denver, South Comanche Ranch offers 16,573± deeded acres. Exceptionally well-watered and undulating topography offers excellent protection for livestock and wildlife. Functional improvements, professional grade ranch.
“Guns, bear spray and handsaws: These aren’t the tools of your average luxury real-estate agent. But ranch brokers like Mr. Murphy, a Bozeman-based partner at Hall & Hall, occupy a unique and increasingly challenging niche in the world of multimillion-dollar property.”
“When it was time to invest in a ranch for our family, we knew we needed to work with Hall and Hall. The expertise is unsurpassed.”
In 1988, Joel Leadbetter became a partner at Hall and Hall where he has been instrumental in completing complicated, high-profile deals such as the recent sale of Texas’ historic 512,000-acre Waggoner Ranch.
“The professionalism, preparation, and overall positive demeanor exhibited… were truly impressive… I have never before worked with a more dedicated, knowledgeable, and level-headed sales professional.”
I had been looking for the right property for several years and Elliott Davenport’s insight into the quail plantation market and his ability to think strategically was instrumental in helping me find our new place. Elliott was helpful on all technical aspects of contracting and due diligence. His post closing help with hiring and contractors made the process much easier as well.
I have purchased 4 ranches through Hall and Hall over the past 20 years, and there is simply no other team in the world like them. They have navigated complexity, professionally attended to every detail, operated with fairness and integrity, and demonstrated an unwavering commitment to me– whether representing me or the person on the other side of the deal.