Unique opportunity to acquire a 522± deeded acre national forest inholding with attractive and turnkey improvements, big views, big game hunting, and a stream with small trout – all within easy striking distance of Denver. The aptly named Aspen Ridge Ranch features an outstanding mountain setting with stands of aspen and pine, sage, and nearly 150 acres of irrigated and sub-irrigated meadow within northwestern Colorado’s Routt National Forest. The natural beauty of this place is complimented by the tastefully constructed and off-grid 4 Bed/Bath residence, luxury owner’s cabin, large shop, and yurt. In addition to quality elk and mule deer hunting, the ranch and surrounding public lands offer limitless recreational opportunities including OHV, ATV, and snowmobile riding. Access is seasonal and the ranch is a 30-minute drive from the communities of Kremmling and Yampa as well as County Road 11/The Trough Road at Radium, Colorado. The ranch is a 1-hour drive from Vail, Beaver Creek, and Steamboat Springs. Offered in cooperation with William George, Colorado Ranch Company.
Just the Facts
- 522± deeded acre Routt National Forest inholding
- 150± acres of irrigated and sub-irrigated meadow
- Significant water rights
- Over 1 mile frontage on East Fork of Blacktail Creek with brook trout
- Located in Colorado Game Management Unit (GMU) 15 with over-the-counter elk licenses and easy to draw deer licenses
- Diverse habitat with quality elk and mule deer hunting on the property and surrounding public lands
- Expansive views of the Gore Range and surrounding public lands
- Turnkey offering with a list of furnishings and equipment provided upon qualified request
- 4-bedroom, 4-bath, 3,000 square foot home with 4 suite layout, rec-room, expansive decks, chef’s kitchen, and great room with vaulted ceilings
- 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1,164 square foot custom cabin with a chef’s kitchen, spacious loft, and large deck with views
- Well-appointed yurt with 3 sleeping quarters (two on main floor + loft), solar power with generator backup, woodstove, propane cooking stove, and wrap-around deck with views
- 3,200 square foot heated and insulated workshop with concrete floors, large loft, workout room, woodworking shop, 3 large bays, and generator room housing two 30kW Capstone micro-turbine propane generators that power the ranch (1 generator powers the ranch and the other serves as a backup to ensure redundancy)
- Exceptionally engineered infrastructure, including 10+gallon/minute well, 25,000 water storage tank and fire hydrants, and underground utilities
- Backyard access to the southern portion of Routt National Forest
- A short drive down the hill to angling and rafting on the Colorado River
- Limitless recreational activities both on the ranch and surrounding public lands.
- One hour to Steamboat Springs and Vail
- 2.5 hours from Denver
- 30 minutes from groceries, dining, fuel, and airstrip in Kremmling
- Quiet and peaceful
Other PropertiesMore Like This
“Most brokers have a strong sense of independence, so brokerages work around that, but Hall and Hall is not about the one working alone—their strength and longevity is built on the group, on the family,” explains Tyler Jacobs. “It’s the basic fundamentals and traditional values that we’ve thrived on since the company was founded back in 1946.”
Our Hall and Hall broker, Randy Shelton, kept us in the loop as though it were. Our sale hinged on that of larger surrounding parcels, and when an initial offer fell through, Randy went back to the drawing board and found a suitable buyer who shared our values. That meant a lot to us, as our property had been in the family for more than 100 years.
From the first time I walked through the door, I sensed Hall and Hall’s highest goals were to understand who I was and build a relationship, to understand what made my property special, and to find the buyer. Their discipline and focus was apparent. Throughout the entire process, their approach towards reality was different from the experiences I have had previously. Genuine would be the word I would use to describe everyone at Hall and Hall.
I interviewed 4 agents and selected Hall and Hall because of the agency’s reputation for expertise in high end ranch property and global marketing. I had the pleasure of working with Tim Murphy on the sale of a family property in the Paradise Valley, Montana. We believe he represented our family interests well and contributed to the integrity of the property by joining together buyer and seller and a shared love for this special place in our lives.
Bill McDavid was an outstanding and very patient partner in this sale. His expertise in the market and marketing of the property was excellent. I would use him again in a heartbeat to either buy or sell a ranch property.
“Guns, bear spray and handsaws: These aren’t the tools of your average luxury real-estate agent. But ranch brokers like Mr. Murphy, a Bozeman-based partner at Hall & Hall, occupy a unique and increasingly challenging niche in the world of multimillion-dollar property.”
“When it was time to invest in a ranch for our family, we knew we needed to work with Hall and Hall. The expertise is unsurpassed.”
In 1988, Joel Leadbetter became a partner at Hall and Hall where he has been instrumental in completing complicated, high-profile deals such as the recent sale of Texas’ historic 512,000-acre Waggoner Ranch.
“The professionalism, preparation, and overall positive demeanor exhibited… were truly impressive… I have never before worked with a more dedicated, knowledgeable, and level-headed sales professional.”
I had been looking for the right property for several years and Elliott Davenport’s insight into the quail plantation market and his ability to think strategically was instrumental in helping me find our new place. Elliott was helpful on all technical aspects of contracting and due diligence. His post closing help with hiring and contractors made the process much easier as well.
I have purchased 4 ranches through Hall and Hall over the past 20 years, and there is simply no other team in the world like them. They have navigated complexity, professionally attended to every detail, operated with fairness and integrity, and demonstrated an unwavering commitment to me– whether representing me or the person on the other side of the deal.
Having been in our family for 70 years, selling Loveridge was a big decision for our family and we needed the right person to walk us through this process. Elliott Davenport has exceeded our expectations and represented our family very well through this sale. His depth of knowledge for the Red Hills, his critical thinking, intimate understanding of the market, and honest approach has made this process very pleasant and rewarding for us. Simply, he gets it and that has served us very well.
Positioning a high-end Luxury Farm in the market to maximize Seller value requires a special set of skills along with a true understanding of the audience. Having a National presence and the knowledge of how to market into that audience is key to executing a successful transaction. Elliott Davenport of Hall & Hall and his team of seasoned professionals are uniquely qualified to deliver these results. They exceeded our expectations! We could not be more thrilled with their performance.
“Having spent the last 18 months immersed in the process of (successfully) selling a large family sporting property, I can’t imagine going through it without Elliott Davenport. His incredible knowledge of the market, deep understanding of and appreciation for our land, thoughtful and resourceful guidance throughout the process, tenacious attention to detail, and his collaborative approach with our on-site land management staff was nothing short of invaluable. He came to us highly recommended by fellow landowner friends, and now it is easy to see why. I and my family would not hesitate to recommend him in a heartbeat to anyone.”