Cascade Ranch is the archetypal “gentleman’s” property and/or executive retreat. The property is the ideal model of a smaller acreage, well improved getaway, immersed in the Arapaho National Forest yet easily accessible from downtown Denver and located only 8.5± miles from Idaho Springs. Features include a newly remodeled primary residence completed in 2016, recently constructed manager/caretaker home and two fully restored turn of the century log cabins. Located at the end of a private drive, the property is nestled in the heart of a massive southern facing, heavily timbered valley showcasing jaw-dropping views of Mt. Evans, Goliath and Bierstadt. Privacy, exclusivity, accessibility, wildlife, views, turn-key improvements, and all centrally located within close proximity to Denver, ski resorts, and air travel.
Just the Facts
- 260± deeded acres
- 8.5± miles from Idaho Springs
- 45 minutes to downtown Denver and approximately 1 hour to DIA
- Within a 1.5 hour drive of Breckenridge, Copper Mountain and Vail
- Under same ownership since 1969
- 2,376± sq. ft. completely remodeled in 2016 – 3 beds, 2.5 baths
- 768± sq. ft. detached 3 car garage, greenhouse, small storage
- 2,940± sq. ft. completed in 2017 – 2 beds, 2 baths
- 2 fully restored turn of the century cabins
- Shooting range
- Located in GMU 39
- Southern exposure over most of the property
- Exceptional views include Mt. Goliath, Mt. Evans, Mt. Bierstadt
- 1.8± mile private drive
- Accessed off Cascade Creek Road No. 116
- Nearly enveloped by Arapaho National Forest
- Heavy mix of timber and open meadows, small pond, and access to Cascade Creek
The town is a popular stop off for folks traveling up and down the mountain via I-70. It’s home to the Charlie Taylor Waterwheel which you can see from the highway on the eastbound side. Local eateries such as Tommyknocker Brewery and Beau Jo’s Colorado Style Pizza are charming spots to stop in for a bite.
Adjacent to Idaho Springs, just west of Denver, sits Mount Evans, an iconic mountain peak with a 14-mile ascent recognized as the highest paved road in North America. The summit rests atop the Mount Evans Scenic and Historic Byway for an incredible scenic drive or hike.
Nearby gambling towns of Black Hawk and Central City are a short distance, in addition to the towns of Dumont, Empire, Georgetown, Nederland, Silver Plume, and Ward – each offering their own unique attractions and charms. Top ski areas include Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, and Vail, plus world-class golf are within a 1.5-hour drive.
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
- Propane: 1,200-gallon tank
- Electrical: Grid upgraded by Xcel Energy in 2017
- Security: ADT Pulse system (ADT remote monitoring of home, video cameras (2), remote on/off of lights, remote management of Nest thermostat)
- Phone: CenturyLink, Cellular: AT&T M-Cell, Internet: HughesNet, TV: DishHD
- Extraordinary views with southern exposure facing Mt. Goliath, Mt. Evans, Mt. Bierstadt
- Surrounded by national forest Arapaho National Forest with direct access to hundreds of thousands of acres including the 73,000-acre Mount Evans Wilderness area
- Colorado Game Management Unit (GMU) 39 – one of Colorado’s best big game hunting & fishing destinations close to Denver (45 minutes)
- Private 1.8-mile driveway secured by gated entrance accessed off Cascade Creek Road No.116
- Property includes all improvements thereon, including water rights and mineral rights
- Equestrian facilities including barn, surrounded by French drain, with two stalls, three corrals
- Shooting range, stream, pond
Cascade Lodge (See Detail sheet)
- 2,376± square feet completely rebuilt in 2016
- Three bedrooms, two and a half baths
- 768± square foot detached three car garage, greenhouse, shop
Guest House (See Detail sheet)
- 2,940± square feet completed in 2017
- First level - 1,470± square feet, two bedrooms, two baths, large great room
- Ground level – 1,470± including 600± square feet air conditioned, two car garage
Homestead Cabin 1906
- Fully restored
- Antique wood burning cook stove
- Cascade lodge prospector cabin 1880s (est)
- Fully restored
- Antique wood burning cook stove
- Domestic well (Permit #95040) Lodge and Guest house
- Well (Permit #98168) for livestock
- Well (Permit #95044) original well
- Road – Year-round access off Cascade Creek Road (CR #116)
- Electrical – Grid upgraded by Xcel Energy in 2017
A spectacular 2,376± square foot mountain lodge completely rebuilt and finished in 2016. The lodge’s open floor plan is designed for entertaining family and guests or quiet solitude. With vaulted ceilings throughout and a functional layout that centers around the great room, it makes highly efficient use of space. A number of patios and outdoor areas are ideal for grilling or taking in the views. The home includes:
Gourmet chef’s kitchen
- Granite counters
- Custom cabinetry
- High-end appliances
- Large chef’s island seats five
- Built-in bar and wine storage
- Massive stone wood burning fireplace
- Wine & beverage refrigerator
- Serving counter
- Stacked stone wall with beautiful wood burning fireplace
- Master bath with double vanity
- Separate room for jetted tub and shower, separate toilet room
- Two sets of extra-long bunk beds, sleeps four
- Attaches to master bath
- Separate guest suite shower
- Attaches through to second bathroom for privacy
Interior Design Attributes -
- All materials, design, craftsmanship, and labor (Orlando Construction, Evergreen) was sourced from only the best craftsmen in the Evergreen and Denver area(s).
- Granite was sourced, measured, cut, delivered and installed by Cornerstone Granite, Denver
- Cabinets: Design, build and installation by Cress Kitchen and Bath, Wheat Ridge
- Windows – Pella Architect Series manufactured for high altitude installations; providing outstanding resistance to extreme weather
- Furniture: Most of the furniture and fixtures are Restoration Hardware. The billiards / ping-pong table is American Billiards. The room furnishings were purchased through Mountain Home of Evergreen and were custom built.
- Doors, Trim and basboards: Custom made, knotty alder, Sun Mountain, Loveland
- Floors: White oak procured through Guys Flooring, Denver; Carpet: Caraway
- Electrical: All new
- Water System: GeoWater Services, Evergreen
- Insulation: The entire home is enclosed in spray foam insulation providing an air-tight, moisture barrier seal. Spray foam insulation is throughout the entire exterior structure including the ceiling, walls, and floor above the crawl space. Spray foam also adds to the structural strength and integrity, is mold proof, rodent proof, and quiet which adds to the quiet tranquility of the lodge. All spray foam R-values and depths meet or exceed building code specifications. The spray foam also significantly reduces energy consumption to maintain the house at desired temperatures. Rocky Mountain Insulation, Denver.
- Crawl Space: Crawl space is completely moisture barrier lined and the entire space is very accessible. Americover. Crawl space lighting is switched near the hydro pump. Temperature is also monitored in the crawl space at a warning threshold of 34 degrees
- ADT Security: Two Security cameras, ALL doors, motion detectors, fire, smoke and O2 sensors.
- Thermostat: Nest
Detached three car garage
- Storage for cars, ATVs, gear
Exterior Design Attributes -
- All rock for solid stone exterior and rockwork was sourced locally on the property
- Exterior design blends seamlessly into the natural surroundings
- Roof: Standing seam mechanically seamed roofing system with full ice and tater shield underlayment
- Exterior Painting: Liberty Painting, Evergreen
- Tree/Fire safety mitigation: All trees and major vegetation have been cleared at least 100 feet from the house and structures for fire safety. The metal roof and rock exterior are also fire safety considerations
- Property Markers: Almost all original property markers located and remarked
A spectacular mountain home completed in 2017. The two-story home (ground and first floor) centers around the great room and is designed for entertaining family and guests and/or quiet solitude – perfect for corporate retreats, hunting trips, or social gatherings. Built in 2017, it comes complete with a 1,470± square foot main level that houses two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a large great room. The 1,470± square foot ground level includes 600± square feet and a two car garage. The home includes:
- GE Profile appliances
- Large island for food preparation which also seats three
- Large master bath with separate shower/toilet room
- Large walk-in closet
- Linen closet
Structural Attributes and Utilities:
- Water: Supplied directly by the domestic well
- Septic: 1,200 gallon
- Propane: 1,000-gallon propane tank in ground
- Electrical lines underground
- Roof: Standing seem metal roof by CraftCorp
- Phone: CenturyLink; Cellular: Verizon network extender
- TV: DishHD
- Internet: HughesNet
Established in 1886. Original prospector cabin located on the property near the gate. Was physically taken apart log by log and rebuilt as the centerpiece of the gun range meadow. Metal roof installed in 2016 to preserve and maintain the integrity of the cabin.
Established 1906. This was the original homestead cabin on the “Francis Ranch”; a 160± acre parcel. In the full restoration (1972) most of the original cabin was retained. The structure was re-leveled; a new roof with porch overhang was built, and new floorboards. Furnishings are consistent with large homestead cabins of the early 1900s. Metal roof installed in 2016 to preserve and maintain the integrity of the cabin.
- Water: 1,000-gallon storage tank supplied by the domestic well
- Septic: 1,200 gallon
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Highlighted by a stunning mountain landscape and truly exceptional improvements, 6,343± acre Elk Island Ranch is an amazing four-season recreational paradise, located only 10 minutes from a real town with jet strip.
The 9,565± acre ranch is situated along the banks of the North Loup River in the Nebraska Sandhills. It is a highly diversified and top-notch ranch with excellent improvements, abundant wildlife and excellent rangeland.
Most brokers have a strong sense of independence, so brokerages work around that, but Hall and Hall is not about the one working alone—our strength and longevity is built on the broker partnership structure
Combining Yampa River and mountainous land, this 3,745± acre ranch stands out for its big fish, big game hunting and convenient location within 20 minutes of Steamboat Springs and the regional airport.
Gearhart Ranch is 9,155± acres of productive grasslands in the Davis Mountains. Successful highland cattle operation for over 100 years. Exceptional game, stunning beauty and starry nights.
Our clients select Hall and Hall because of the agency’s reputation for excellence and 74 years of building relationships
Scenic working cattle and recreational ranch located near Big Sky Resort. Recently constructed impeccable custom-designed improvements. Elk, deer, antelope and bear. Ranch is being offered turn-key inclusive of equipment and furnishings.
1,913± acres of some of the most historic and coveted plantation lands in the Red Hills. Incredible location just five miles from downtown Thomasville, Georgia surrounded by other quail plantations.
“The underlying theme you must recognize in making a land purchase is: land has become recognized as an investment-class asset”
Cattle ranch and recreational property. Grassy hillsides, pastures, irrigated pivots, hay ground and treed creek and river bottoms. Five and a half miles of Cheyenne River and 13 miles of Rapid Creek.
End-of-the-road private family retreat on the river encompassed on three sides by USFS in dramatic setting under towering craggy peaks. Thoughtfully executed, classic log improvements. Year-round access 45 miles from Cody.