Diamond M Bar Ranch offers a freestone river fishery, private elevated homesite, and substantial irrigated acreage. Unencumbered by an HOA or conservation easement. This 102± acre property is highlighted by over three-quarters of a mile of the San Juan River, producing brown and rainbow trout with the occasional bass. The elevated mesa offers an excellent building site with panoramic views, including South San Juan's snow-capped peaks. Virginia Ditch delivers 2.5 CFS of senior, adjudicated water rights to an easily irrigated 38± acre pasture. The seller will also convey an additional 4.0 CFS of water rights. This combination of significant river frontage, topography, and plentiful water rights offer intriguing potential for improvements such as enhanced river structure, new ponds, and modern irrigation.
Pagosa Springs, Colorado, is well known as an outdoor recreation destination popular for its namesake hot springs, the San Juan River, Wolf Creek Ski Area, and beautiful mountain views. The community is surrounded by San Juan National Forest, offering myriad options to hike, bike, raft, ski, fish, and hunt. With a population of around 15,000, Pagosa offers all the recreational amenities found elsewhere in Colorado while still successfully clinging to that authentic mountain-town character so often lost with growth.
Offered in cooperation with Matt Ford of Pagosa Land Company.
Just the Facts
- 102± deeded acres, with no major structures
- Located 16 miles south of Pagosa Springs, Colorado
- 50 miles from Wolf Creek Ski Area
- 4,100± total feet of San Juan River exposure – 1,575 feet on both sides and 2,525 feet of frontage
- 2.5 CFS of primary adjudicated water rights
- 38± irrigated acres – flood irrigation
- 4.0 CFS of additional water rights, which will require further due diligence
- 20 miles from the 8,100-foot Stevens Field runway, offering year-round general aviation service
- 75-minute drive to La Plata County Airport with daily commercial service to Dallas, Phoenix, Denver, and Houston
- Located in Game Management Unit 771, over-the-counter bull elk tags