Eagle River Sanctuary sets the standard for riverfront properties on Colorado’s renowned Eagle River. Here, the discerning buyer will find a private and beautiful setting comprised of a total of 173± deeded acres replete with exceptional improvements, onsite recreation, and an unmatched combination of river frontage and mountain lands – all within close proximity to Vail, Beaver Creek, the Vail Valley Jet Center, and Eagle County Regional Airport.
The river sanctuary is hidden away along a bend on the south bank of the Eagle River just 2.4 miles east of the Town of Eagle. At the heart of this rare 61.9± deeded acre river holding is the exceptional 14,054± square foot residence, which features many amenities including a large master wing, movie theater, game room, wine cellar, professional prep kitchen, four guest rooms with en-suite bathrooms, three offices, numerous porches, four-bay garage, outdoor entertaining areas and expertly landscaped grounds that spill out to the Eagle River. Architectural elements include soaring ceilings, walnut beams and finishes, and walkout porches. Other improvements at the sanctuary are the riverside guest house, which is known as “The Fish House”, and a large custom garage. Both buildings are set back from the primary residence but connected to it by short walking trails and a private paved driveway. From the backdoor of the residence or Fish House one can enjoy .4± mile of prime angling on the Eagle River as well as access to an additional three miles of river. Complementing the river compound is a comfortable mountain cabin, which is sited on a separate 111± deeded acre parcel. Tucked amongst an aspen grove at the top of a mountain ridge, the 1,913± square foot cabin and detached garage provide mountain-top views and ample opportunity to view the area’s abundant wildlife.
Seclusion is paramount, and access to Eagle River Sanctuary is provided via two electronic security gates and a bridge crossing the river. The river sanctuary improvements and mountain cabin are located within the exclusive 10,500± deeded acre Diamond Star Ranch. Ownership is limited and entails access to and use of Diamond Star’s unparalleled amenities, including an equestrian center, lodge, and dining, excellent big game hunting and trout fishing, as well as miles of developed horse and OHV riding trails.
Showings and additional information, including a 3D Matterport Scan of the primary residence, are available upon qualified written request.
*Professional Photography by Dan Tullos of Mountain Home Photography
Just the Facts
- Highly desirable Eagle River location in Eagle County, Colorado
- Only 27.5 miles to Vail and 18 miles to Beaver Creek
- Seven miles to Vail Valley Jet Center and Eagle County Regional Airport
- 2.4± miles east of Eagle, Colorado
- 173± total deeded acres
- .4± frontage on the beautiful Eagle River with excellent fly fishing
- Access to an additional 3± miles of Eagle River
- 14,054± square foot riverside residence with five bedrooms, five full baths, and two half baths. Numerous amenities and extensive landscaping, including water features
- Riverside 1,606± square foot guest home with one bedroom and one- and one-half baths
- Seven bay, 5,650± square foot custom garage with dedicated wash bay
- Ownership within and access to the exclusive 10,500 acre Diamond Star Ranch with amenities including an equestrian center, lodge and dining, excellent big game hunting, trout fishing, and miles of trails for horseback or OHV riding
Learn more about the property
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Deeded Acres: 173±
Total Acres: 173±
Some of the oustanding photography was provided by Dan Tullos of Mountain Home Photography. Contact information available upon request.
Back to Overview