An outstanding hunting and recreation ranch for the price point, Elk Bluff Ranch features prime northern Colorado mountain country with elevations of 8,400 to 9,100 feet. This scenic 780± acre ranch is a superb big game hunting property, particularly for Rocky Mountain elk. A diverse mix of aspen groves and dark timber interspersed with grass meadows and sagebrush slopes provide excellent habitat and attract wildlife from surrounding public lands. There is abundant water in the form of 1± mile of Doran Creek, ponds and numerous springs and wallows. Large numbers of elk inhabit the ranch, especially during the rut, when it is common to hear the bugles of multiple mature bulls from either side of the bluff that forms the middle of the ranch. There are stunning views of the surrounding Park, Rabbit Ears and Medicine Bow mountain ranges from the upper elevations of the property. Significant improvements were recently completed including a new workshop/storage building and renovated existing buildings at the headquarters, a new well, new fencing and 1± mile of new gravel roads. The ranch borders a county road for convenient access and is approximately 30 minutes to Walden and one hour to Steamboat Springs.Save Property Download Brochure
Just the Facts
• 780± acres located in a secluded mountain valley.
• Excellent big game hunting due to location, habitat, water and topography.
• Numerous ponds, springs and Doran Creek provide water for wildlife and the potential for fishing improvements.
• Large numbers of elk are common on this ranch, especially during autumn.
• Panoramic views stretch from Rabbit Ears and the Park Range across the valley to the Medicine Bow Mountains.
• Hunting cabin, shop and storage buildings with power are located along the creek with easy access from the county road.
Other PropertiesMore Like This
“When it was time to invest in a ranch for our family, we knew we needed to work with Hall and Hall. The expertise is unsurpassed.”
A sprawling Montana ranch…on the market for $12 million was the reader favorite in the WSJ’s annual House of the Year contest.
In 1988, Joel Leadbetter became a partner at Hall and Hall where he has been instrumental in completing complicated, high-profile deals such as the recent sale of Texas’ historic 512,000-acre Waggoner Ranch.
Oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens put his Texas panhandle property on the market and it’s listed for a massive $250 million.
“The professionalism, preparation, and overall positive demeanor exhibited… were truly impressive… I have never before worked with a more dedicated, knowledgeable, and level-headed sales professional.”
America’s Best Brokerages