Flattop Mountain Ranch, 22 miles south of Telluride, is a 249± acre heavily forested private parcel surrounded entirely by national forest. Situated within the San Juan National Forest, this property features an off-grid cabin nestled in the timber with ample opportunity for recreation and astounding views of both Mt. Wilson (14,252 ft.) and Lizard Head Peak (13,123 ft.). The property offers dark timber and wallows where trophy elk reside. The cabin features propane powered lights, a refrigerator, indoor facilities, a water tank, heating, and a wood stove. Just 1.5 miles off the Scenic Highway 145 and six miles north of Rico, Colorado, this property strikes the perfect balance of accessibility and privacy.
Just the Facts
- 249± deeded acres
- Located in GMU 71 – Over the counter second and third season bull elk tags
- 22 miles from Telluride
- Six miles from Rico
- Surrounded by national forest on all sides
- Four miles from Lizard Head Wilderness Area
- 15 miles from Dunton Hot Springs
- Five miles from Trout Lake
- Excellent views of both Mt. Wilson and Lizard Head Peak
- Abundant wildlife – elk, mule deer, bear, grouse, porcupines, squirrels, and various others
- Incredible privacy and seclusion
- Located in Dolores County, with far less building restrictions to neighboring San Miguel County
- Off-grid propane-powered cabin
- Undeveloped natural groundwater spring
- Opportunity for national forest land exchange
- Private access through national forest road
- Minutes from fishing, hunting, mountain biking, hiking, snowmobiling, horseback riding, backpacking, backcountry skiing, snow skiing, and snowshoeing
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Other PropertiesMore Like This
KBO RanchCripple Creek, CO
360± deeded acres of private and secluded vacant land located an hour’s drive west of Colorado Springs. The property is heavily tree covered, offers scenic mountain views, plentiful wildlife, and presents an opportunity to build to suit.
Highlighted by a stunning mountain landscape and truly exceptional improvements, 6,343± acre Elk Island Ranch is an amazing four-season recreational paradise, located only 10 minutes from a real town with jet strip.
The 9,565± acre ranch is situated along the banks of the North Loup River in the Nebraska Sandhills. It is a highly diversified and top-notch ranch with excellent improvements, abundant wildlife and excellent rangeland.
Most brokers have a strong sense of independence, so brokerages work around that, but Hall and Hall is not about the one working alone—our strength and longevity is built on the broker partnership structure
Combining Yampa River and mountainous land, this 3,745± acre ranch stands out for its big fish, big game hunting and convenient location within 20 minutes of Steamboat Springs and the regional airport.
Gearhart Ranch is 9,155± acres of productive grasslands in the Davis Mountains. Successful highland cattle operation for over 100 years. Exceptional game, stunning beauty and starry nights.
Our clients select Hall and Hall because of the agency’s reputation for excellence and 74 years of building relationships
Scenic working cattle and recreational ranch located near Big Sky Resort. Recently constructed impeccable custom-designed improvements. Elk, deer, antelope and bear. Ranch is being offered turn-key inclusive of equipment and furnishings.
1,913± acres of some of the most historic and coveted plantation lands in the Red Hills. Incredible location just five miles from downtown Thomasville, Georgia surrounded by other quail plantations.
“The underlying theme you must recognize in making a land purchase is: land has become recognized as an investment-class asset”
Cattle ranch and recreational property. Grassy hillsides, pastures, irrigated pivots, hay ground and treed creek and river bottoms. Five and a half miles of Cheyenne River and 13 miles of Rapid Creek.
End-of-the-road private family retreat on the river encompassed on three sides by USFS in dramatic setting under towering craggy peaks. Thoughtfully executed, classic log improvements. Year-round access 45 miles from Cody.