Beautiful and productive, Snake River Land & Cattle is an operating cattle and hunting ranch operating on 38,899± total acres including 5,675± deeded acres, and 33,224± acres of adjacent BLM grazing permits. The property possesses numerous water resources and is comprised of grasslands, foothills, and mountainous terrain on and surrounding Douglas Mountain. Functional improvements include an older ranch house, cabins, shop, and barn. The property sits within Game Management Unit (GMU) 2 – one of Colorado’s preeminent trophy elk, mule deer, and pronghorn hunting units. Snake River Land & Cattle participates in Colorado’s Landowner Preference Program and has a history of producing bull elk scoring in excess of 350” B&C, as well as trophy mule deer and pronghorn. Located just west of the community of Maybell and north of Dinosaur National Monument in northwestern Colorado.Save Property Download Brochure
Just the Facts
- 5,675± deeded acres
- 33,224± acres of adjacent BLM land – Snake River Land & Cattle is the base property for the permit on this land
- Average stocking rate of 140 pairs during the spring, summer and fall seasons with 743 AUMs attributed to BLM grazing
- Excellent hunting for trophy elk, mule deer, and pronghorn
- Easily accessed via County Road 10
- Improvements include a home, cabins, shop and barn
- 1 hour west of Craig, Colorado
- 1 hour 20 minutes west of the Yampa Valley Regional Airport in Hayden, Colorado
- 1 hour 45 minutes from Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- Unencumbered by conservation easement
Other PropertiesMore Like This
“When it was time to invest in a ranch for our family, we knew we needed to work with Hall and Hall. The expertise is unsurpassed.”
A sprawling Montana ranch…on the market for $12 million was the reader favorite in the WSJ’s annual House of the Year contest.
In 1988, Joel Leadbetter became a partner at Hall and Hall where he has been instrumental in completing complicated, high-profile deals such as the recent sale of Texas’ historic 512,000-acre Waggoner Ranch.
Oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens put his Texas panhandle property on the market and it’s listed for a massive $250 million.
“The professionalism, preparation, and overall positive demeanor exhibited… were truly impressive… I have never before worked with a more dedicated, knowledgeable, and level-headed sales professional.”
America’s Best Brokerages