There are three primary building areas on the ranch. Two have currently habitable houses; two have shops and corrals, and one has a calving barn. All three are supplied with electricity, telephone and well or spring water. Some have taps into a natural gas pipeline. There is even high-speed fiber optic internet service at the Lloyd Road.
The McCracken house was originally built in 1935 but has since been remodeled. It consists of 1,440± square feet in one-story. It has three bedrooms and one bathroom, Masonite siding, a metal roof and is in fair condition. It is heated by two wood-burning stoves and supplied by well water. The McCracken place also has a shop/machine shed, built in 1977 that is 40’X72’, slant walled and with cement floor.
The Barnard house was originally built in 1917 but recently and extensively remodeled. It is 1,044± square feet in one-story plus a partial basement. It has hardwood floors, new wooden cabinetry in the kitchen, tile backsplashes and new appliances. Earlier knotty pine wall paneling has been incorporated as accent walls between recently sheet-rocked and painted walls. It is heated by a propane fueled forced-air central heating system and has excellent spring water. It too has a metal roof. Located here too is a cement block shop, insulated, with concrete floor and heated by a wood-burning stove. Also included here is new set of steel and heavy wooden plank corrals. The posts are drill stem with continuous steel panels and gates.
The Ragland place has a shop built in 1991. It is 36’X40’, has a cement floor, and is insulated. There is a Quonset building located here and constructed in 1975. It is 40’X60’ with a cement floor. The metal calving barn was also built in 1991. It is 40’X50’ and has a connected set of wooden pole corrals.
Located mostly at the Ragland, but also in several places on the ranch, are a total 13 metal grain bins. They total 62,000-bu. capacity and have cement floors and some have aerators.
The domestic water is supplied by wells, with the exception of the McCracken, which has a good spring. The ranch is exceptionally well-watered for livestock. There are wells, springs -- both developed with reservoirs and undeveloped– and direct from the Missouri River, where it is accessible in the less steep areas. There are pipelines with tanks from excellent springs. Several flow 20-30 gpm. One is piped from the Lloyd Road for seven miles to the east, to its seven troughs. This same spring is piped for two miles to the west to serve two troughs.