The subject includes modest improvements that are adequate to serve its other resources. These include an older home, a low-cost bunkhouse, a detached garage, and a pole/frame shed that can serve as a machine storage facility or as a livestock shed, as needed. Other small sheds have some remaining utility but have no measurable contributory value.
The dwelling was originally constructed in about 1920 and was enhanced by a number of additions during the next 45 years. The frame structure is covered with wood lap siding and painted steel roofing, and includes two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and living, dining, and family rooms on the first floor and two bedrooms and a bathroom in the half story. The main floor includes about 2,027 square feet of living area, and the half story adds about 450 square feet more. The subject is currently somewhat dated but is in fair to average condition with fair to average utility.
The bunkhouse was constructed in the 1940s and updated in the 1970s with frame construction, wood siding, and painted steel roofing. The building has a concrete foundation, minimal electrical service, and no plumbing, and is in fair to poor condition, most suitable for storage.
The concrete block garage was constructed in about 1957 and encloses about 625 square feet with a full concrete floor. Two overhead doors allow access, and the garage is considered to be in fair condition with fair utility.
The open front pole shed was constructed in the 1940s, with a pole and frame structure covered with galvanized, corrugated steel, enclosing about 2,600 square feet. The interior is divided into stalls that can house livestock or can be swung aside to allow machinery storage (although the eave is too low for much modern machinery). The building is in fair condition with fair utility.
Searches of Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation (DNRC) records revealed one water right claim appurtenant to the subject. Water Right 43C-040522 has a priority date of April 1, 1891, and claims a flow of 200 miner’s inches, or 600 acre-feet per year, from the Stillwater River for irrigation of 74 acres. Water is diverted from the Stillwater River about a mile west of the subject by a headgate into the Weir and Crawford Ditch which delivers it to the subject, where it is spread by conventional flood-irrigation. Several developed springs and wells serving stock water tanks, and wells for domestic water, are not revealed in water rights records.