These 707± acres, along four miles of the Yellowstone River, are for gathering people together in common living and dining, with separate sleeping houses. The ranch offers diverse nature, farm, and ranch activities for all interests and ages in high-quality building and land improvements.
All will find access easy via adjacent highway and a one-hour drive to commercial air service. Gathering in the 20± acre building compound occurs in four separate yet connected residences for the ultimate in both communal and private living flexibility. With a combined 14 bedrooms and 16 bathrooms, it can accommodate families of all ages and sizes, as well as corporate uses. Each is sited with extensive fenestration, immersing one in the surrounding natural world.
Diversity of interests is afforded and encouraged. Wildlife includes non-game and game birds, raptors, waterfowl, and upland. There are both river and pond trout fishing and boating. The ranch offers a separate studio building for arts and crafts and a 9,000± square foot, climate-controlled, multipurpose building that is currently used for equestrian activities, tennis and houses a classic car collection.
Two year-round creeks flow through the property for three-quarters of a mile, rife with aquatic and riverine flora and fauna. The streams feed a five-acre lake. The lake, miles of river, and 150± acres of wetlands are home to trout, waterfowl, and deer, as well as encouraging swimming and floating recreation. Farming and ranching activities are central to the 300± irrigated acres that provide the ranch’s own hay and grazing for horses, cattle, or other livestock. Views of 11,000-foot mountain peaks are protected by conservation easement on the neighboring lands. A nearby train whistles the historic call of the west.
Just the Facts
- 707± deeded acres
- 301± acres irrigated
- Located 10 minutes from Big Timber and an hour from commercial air service in either Bozeman or Billings
- Four miles of Yellowstone River frontage
- Extensive, high-quality building improvements including 12,000± square feet of living area in four residences with 14 bedrooms and 16 bathrooms
- Six-stall livestock barn with office and shop
- 9,500± square foot indoor, climate-controlled, multi-purpose building, now used for tennis but with potential for equestrian, classic cars, and other uses