Pokey Camp Rach consists of approximately 1,581 acres of rolling, wooded ranchland nestled between Thornton and Old Union, west of Lake Limestone. Duck hunt in the morning, feed your cows a few cubes at lunch, then go to the deer stand in the evening. Abundant lakes and ponds, duck, deer and hog hunting and a fully functional cabin including electricity, hot water and a fireplace. Great roads, miles and miles of trails and ROW’s, fenced and cross-fenced. Wander your way to nearly 20 seasonal and permanent bodies of water and find that Pokey Camp Ranch supports a mecca of native wildlife with shallow duck habitat and a large 11-acre lake. With over 120 feet of elevation change, this ranch offers diverse beauty and serene habitat, variety of soils, and endless groves to explore - it can truly be considered a hunter’s paradise to get lost in. Located roughly 40 miles east of Waco, 50 miles north of Bryan, and less than 100 miles south of DFW, Pokey Camp is situated in the heart of the Brazos valley ranchlands.
Just the Facts
- 1,581 acres, more or less.
- Easterly access from FM-937 near Old Union
- Westerly access from LCR-758 east of Thorton
- Well-developed interior oilfield roads and trails
- Hardwoods, juniper, yaupon, and willows
- Primarily sandy soils with limestone and iron ore outcroppings
- One large 11± acre lake
- 15 other ponds, borrow pits, and shallow flats
- Endless number of cleared ROW’s for deer hunting
- Nice cabin with electricity, hot water, fireplace, porches and two bathrooms
- Two storage barns
- Approximately 200 acres of scattered pasture land
- Excellent 6-strand perimeter fencing
- Additional 200± acres available nearby
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Other PropertiesMore Like This
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.