Spoon Full Farm
Lying in the shadow of the Cascade Range ten minutes from the university town of Ellensburg, WA and 90 minutes from Seattle, the 231± acre Spoon Full Farm is a multifaceted property featuring a mile and a half of the Yakima River and commercial cattle and hay operations focusing on regenerative agricultural practices. The forested river corridor offers extensive hiking and riding trails plus access to the Yakima for fishing or launching a raft or drift boat. A classic western stream reminiscent of Montana, the river offers one of the finest rainbow trout fisheries in the Northwest and is home to runs of protected steelhead and Chinook salmon that make their way from the Pacific Ocean. Improvements are practical and well-suited for the ranch. These include a three-bedroom/two-and-a-half-bath main residence, a three-bedroom/two-bath second home, shop building with a two-bedroom/one-bath studio apartment, covered hay and equipment storage buildings, lean-to horse barns, and livestock pens and working corrals. The ranch holds senior water rights from the Yakima River to irrigate up to 128 acres using wheel line sprinklers and a Valley center pivot. With a secluded location along the river, terrific views of the surrounding bluffs and foothills, excellent trout fishing, and abundant wildlife, Spoon Full Farm is a wonderful private retreat that offers income from its diverse agricultural attributes. Co-listed with Bob Bennion of Compass Washington, LLC.
Just the Facts
- 231± deeded, contiguous acres
- Over a mile and a half of frontage on the Yakima River with top quality trout fishing
- Full set of ranch and residential improvements including two homes, shop with studio apartment, and covered hay and equipment storage
- 128± acres with senior water rights from the Yakima
- Forested river corridor with trail network
- Wildlife includes elk, deer, quail, wild turkeys, bald eagles, black bear, steelhead, and salmon
- Ten minutes from Ellensburg and 90 minutes from Seattle with easy access to Interstate 90
- Excellent conservation easement potential
- Elevation is 1,700 feet
- Kittitas County property taxes are approximately $12,500
Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable options are tailored to you.
The leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions. Our unique approach and capabilities deliver exceptional results.
Our management group makes land ownership an easy and enjoyable experience by providing management and consulting services.