The Bar Cross Ranch operates on over 20,000± acres with breathtaking views of the Wind River Mountain Range, 13 miles north of Pinedale and an easy one-hour drive from Jackson. The historic ranch headquarters sits along the banks of the New Fork River and provides private access to over two miles of outstanding wade fishing with strong populations of brown, rainbow and cutthroat trout. Over 1,000-acres of productive irrigated native hay meadows provide a base for a ranch that has historically run 400± mother cows plus bulls and replacement heifers. The Bar Cross Ranch is an exceptional sporting ranch with extensive world-class fly fishing on one of Wyoming’s renowned fisheries as well as easy private access to big game hunting.
Just the Facts
- Location: 65 miles south of Jackson Hole and 13 miles north of Pinedale
- Acreage: 5,007± deeded acres and over 15,000 acres of forest, BLM and state leases
- Production: 1,000± acres of irrigated native hay meadows, and estimated to run 400 mother cows plus bulls and replacement heifers
- Fishing: excellent fishing along three+ miles of the New Fork River, two miles of which are on deeded land along both sides of the river
- Improvements: a historic two-story 3,850± square foot home sits at the ranch headquarters along the New Fork River; additionally, there are two additional homes, a barn, shop and equipment shed
- Key features: excellent on-site fishing, close proximity to big game hunting via private national forest access, productive hay meadows, range to support year-round cow/calf operation, breathtaking views of the Wind River Mountain Range, and easy access to Jackson Hole
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Beaver Creek RanchDaniel, WY
The 12,040± acre Beaver Creek Ranch is located north of historic Daniel, Wyoming and less than an hour from Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The ranch supports 3,500± head of cattle, has over 35 miles of trophy trout, live water and abundant big game.
“When it was time to invest in a ranch for our family, we knew we needed to work with Hall and Hall. The expertise is unsurpassed.”
In 1988, Joel Leadbetter became a partner at Hall and Hall where he has been instrumental in completing complicated, high-profile deals such as the recent sale of Texas’ historic 512,000-acre Waggoner Ranch.
“The professionalism, preparation, and overall positive demeanor exhibited… were truly impressive… I have never before worked with a more dedicated, knowledgeable, and level-headed sales professional.”
I had been looking for the right property for several years and Elliott Davenport’s insight into the quail plantation market and his ability to think strategically was instrumental in helping me find our new place. Elliott was helpful on all technical aspects of contracting and due diligence. His post closing help with hiring and contractors made the process much easier as well.