Consisting of 320± deeded acres, Bird Farm Ranch is a very scenic and productive small ranch located about a mile from the base of the Bighorn Mountains near the highly coveted community of Big Horn. The property features approximately one mile and both sides of McCormick Creek and multiple spring-fed draws that flow into the creek bottom. The ranch holds excellent water rights that provide flood irrigation for 130± acres, with many more acres that are naturally sub-irrigated. The pastures are in superb condition and highlighted by well-sodded, dense stands of grasses. With its lush irrigated hayfields and exceptional grazing resources, the ranch possesses the needed ingredients for a viable cattle operation. Aside from its agricultural attributes, the property is a haven for wildlife. Highlighted by brush thickets, tall grasses, and cattails, the lower end of the ranch provides extensive habitat for whitetail deer and upland birds. The higher elevations consist of open, rolling hills that support a variety of big game, including elk, which often winter on the property’s open ridgetops. The upper sections of the ranch also offer amazing views of the nearby Bighorn Mountains and surrounding foothills. A nice-sized reservoir is located on the north end of the property and is filled with water from McCormick Creek. The reservoir adds to the overall diversity of the ranch and provides warm water fishing opportunities. Combining brushy creek bottoms, lush hayfields, grassy plains, and rolling foothills, the ranch represents the very best of Wyoming’s natural landscapes. Bird Farm Ranch is minimally improved and largely a blank canvas. A new owner has the opportunity to develop a year-round home and ranch that is easily accessible to one of the region’s most desirable and tightly held communities.
Just the Facts
- ACREAGE: 320± deeded acres.
- ACREAGE BREAKDOWN: 130± irrigated acres plus additional sub-irrigated and wetlands. The balance of the ranch is productive foothill grazing.
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Lush irrigated meadows and bottomlands, a mile of McCormick Creek and well-sodded foothill grazing highlighted by impressive panoramic views of the Bighorn Mountains.
- LOCATION: Close to the Big Horn Equestrian Center and Flying H Polo Fields and a short four-mile drive into Big Horn.
- WILDLIFE: Good big game hunting for whitetail, mule deer, antelope, and elk, plus quality habitat for pheasant and other upland birds.
- WATER: Solid irrigation water rights, a mile of McCormick, and a good-sized private reservoir.
- IMPROVEMENTS: Essentially unimproved with exceptional building sites.
- SUMMARY: A highly diverse small ranch in one of Wyoming’s most sought-after communities at the base of the Bighorn Mountains.
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Tongue River RefugeSheridan, WY
Tongue River Refuge is 1,907± deeded acres with 330± irrigated acres. Three miles of the Tongue River, diverse wildlife and terrain, comfortable residences, and agricultural infrastructure for a balanced, owner-rated 150AU ranch.
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.