The Hall Ranch represents a well-blocked 22,483± acre Wyoming operating cattle ranch. It lies in a contiguous block of primarily deeded land (only 5,280± acres of BLM and state Lease) with over 20 miles of Rock Creek as it zig-zags through the heart of the ranch. From the headquarters, it is an easy 10-minute drive into Rock River on the well-maintained Fetterman Road that runs east and west through the ranch. This county-maintained road serves as an easy way to commute through the ranch and is the arterial access to its network of roads and pastures. Regardless of unpredictable moisture, the road allows for all types of vehicular traffic. Anchoring the ranch are 1,930± acres under flood irrigation, which provides an excellent feed base for a year-round cattle operation or makes exceptional grass hay to sell to compliment a summer grazing program. Historically, the ranch has been operated as either a year-round, cow/calf pair operation or as a summer grazing unit for tenant cattle. Most summers allow for 1,200-1,300 pairs or 2,000-2,200 yearling stockers to graze for a five month period and hay to sell. On an annual basis, the ranch has supported over 850+ pairs, year-round. With 20+ miles of riparian area along Rock Creek , over 15 reservoirs and ponds, and a diversity of open high plains prairie, the ranch is well-populated with both deer and antelope. The wildlife co-exists well with the cattle operation, both having room and habitat for healthy populations. The rangeland is made up of high plains, known for the area, that are carved with deep coulees and draws that drain into the winding creek bottom. Hunting for deer and antelope is excellent, and there is good waterfowl hunting along the waterways with some upland birds along the creek and on the prairie.
Just the Facts
- Location – Six miles NE of Rock River or about 45 miles from Laramie, WY offering commercial air service. Three hours to Denver.
- Acreage – 22,483± total acres (17,203± deeded, 1,600± State of WY and 3,680± BLM lease acres).
- Acreage Breakdown – Acreage includes approximately 1,930 under irrigation and the balance includes 20 miles of riparian corridor and classic high plains rangeland.
- Operation – Currently running 2,000 yearling stockers for summer grazing. Has been run as an 850+ pair ranch year-round.
- Improvements – The original owner’s home and a modular are located at the headquarters, along with barns, shop, and a large corral system. Further north is an additional compound with a pole barn, shop, older home, and outbuildings. The ranch has over 20 pastures and two separate working corrals.
- Water Resources – 20+ miles of live streams, 15+ reservoirs, and water rights for 1,930± acres.
- Wildlife and Recreation – Excellent hunting for mule deer, whitetail deer, antelope, waterfowl, and upland birds.
- Summary – Classic mostly deeded and well-blocked cattle operation with 20+ miles of Rock Creek.
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Thunder River RanchLaramie, WY
Encompassing a diverse landscape of 26,056± total acres (20,502± deeded plus 5,554± leased) that are well-blocked and extremely private, Thunder River Ranch combines a large working ranch with outstanding big game hunting and fishing.
Most brokers have a strong sense of independence, so brokerages work around that, but Hall and Hall is not about the one working alone—our strength and longevity is built on the broker partnership structure
Bixby Ranch’s historic legacy stoked many buyers’ interest and resulted in a successful and accelerated sale, leading to the selection of The Land Report’s Ranchland Deal of the Year
Our clients select Hall and Hall because of the agency’s reputation for excellence and 74 years of building relationships
“The underlying theme you must recognize in making a land purchase is: land has become recognized as an investment-class asset”
I have purchased four ranches through Hall and Hall over the past 20 years, and there is simply no other team in the world like them