The Hall Ranch represents a well-blocked 22,483± acre Wyoming operating cattle ranch. It lies in a contiguous block of primarily deeded land (only 5,280± acres of BLM and state Lease) with over 20 miles of Rock Creek as it zig-zags through the heart of the ranch. From the headquarters, it is an easy 10-minute drive into Rock River on the well-maintained Fetterman Road that runs east and west through the ranch. This county-maintained road serves as an easy way to commute through the ranch and is the arterial access to its network of roads and pastures. Regardless of unpredictable moisture, the road allows for all types of vehicular traffic. Anchoring the ranch are 1,930± acres under flood irrigation, which provides an excellent feed base for a year-round cattle operation or makes exceptional grass hay to sell to compliment a summer grazing program. Historically, the ranch has been operated as either a year-round, cow/calf pair operation or as a summer grazing unit for tenant cattle. Most summers allow for 1,200-1,300 pairs or 2,000-2,200 yearling stockers to graze for a five month period and hay to sell. On an annual basis, the ranch has supported over 850+ pairs, year-round. With 20+ miles of riparian area along Rock Creek , over 15 reservoirs and ponds, and a diversity of open high plains prairie, the ranch is well-populated with both deer and antelope. The wildlife co-exists well with the cattle operation, both having room and habitat for healthy populations. The rangeland is made up of high plains, known for the area, that are carved with deep coulees and draws that drain into the winding creek bottom. Hunting for deer and antelope is excellent, and there is good waterfowl hunting along the waterways with some upland birds along the creek and on the prairie.
Just the Facts
- Location – Six miles NE of Rock River or about 45 miles from Laramie, WY offering commercial air service. Three hours to Denver.
- Acreage – 22,483± total acres (17,203± deeded, 1,600± State of WY and 3,680± BLM lease acres).
- Acreage Breakdown – Acreage includes approximately 1,930 under irrigation and the balance includes 20 miles of riparian corridor and classic high plains rangeland.
- Operation – Currently running 2,000 yearling stockers for summer grazing. Has been run as an 850+ pair ranch year-round.
- Improvements – The original owner’s home and a modular are located at the headquarters, along with barns, shop, and a large corral system. Further north is an additional compound with a pole barn, shop, older home, and outbuildings. The ranch has over 20 pastures and two separate working corrals.
- Water Resources – 20+ miles of live streams, 15+ reservoirs, and water rights for 1,930± acres.
- Wildlife and Recreation – Excellent hunting for mule deer, whitetail deer, antelope, waterfowl, and upland birds.
- Summary – Classic mostly deeded and well-blocked cattle operation with 20+ miles of Rock Creek.
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Thunder River RanchLaramie, WY
Encompassing a diverse landscape of 26,056± total acres (20,502± deeded plus 5,554± leased) that are well-blocked and extremely private, Thunder River Ranch combines a large working ranch with outstanding big game hunting and fishing.
Highlighted by a stunning mountain landscape and truly exceptional improvements, 6,343± acre Elk Island Ranch is an amazing four-season recreational paradise, located only 10 minutes from a real town with jet strip.
The 9,565± acre ranch is situated along the banks of the North Loup River in the Nebraska Sandhills. It is a highly diversified and top-notch ranch with excellent improvements, abundant wildlife and excellent rangeland.
Most brokers have a strong sense of independence, so brokerages work around that, but Hall and Hall is not about the one working alone—our strength and longevity is built on the broker partnership structure
Combining Yampa River and mountainous land, this 3,745± acre ranch stands out for its big fish, big game hunting and convenient location within 20 minutes of Steamboat Springs and the regional airport.
Gearhart Ranch is 9,155± acres of productive grasslands in the Davis Mountains. Successful highland cattle operation for over 100 years. Exceptional game, stunning beauty and starry nights.
Our clients select Hall and Hall because of the agency’s reputation for excellence and 74 years of building relationships
Scenic working cattle and recreational ranch located near Big Sky Resort. Recently constructed impeccable custom-designed improvements. Elk, deer, antelope and bear. Ranch is being offered turn-key inclusive of equipment and furnishings.
1,913± acres of some of the most historic and coveted plantation lands in the Red Hills. Incredible location just five miles from downtown Thomasville, Georgia surrounded by other quail plantations.
“The underlying theme you must recognize in making a land purchase is: land has become recognized as an investment-class asset”
Cattle ranch and recreational property. Grassy hillsides, pastures, irrigated pivots, hay ground and treed creek and river bottoms. Five and a half miles of Cheyenne River and 13 miles of Rapid Creek.
End-of-the-road private family retreat on the river encompassed on three sides by USFS in dramatic setting under towering craggy peaks. Thoughtfully executed, classic log improvements. Year-round access 45 miles from Cody.