Red Tiger Springs represents a rare opportunity to buy a good-sized private holding that actually fronts on the Bighorn National Forest between Story and Dayton. It is even more unusual to find a piece of land fronting on the Bighorns that is not encumbered by a conservation easement. This unique holding consists of 377± contiguous deeded acres just outside of Story between North and South Piney Creek. Formerly the site of a private lodge that was removed some years ago, the property does have a good road and underground power to a dramatic building site. It consists of a contiguous block of mostly timbered land that begins on gentle slopes at the base of the Bighorns and runs westerly up the slope and on top where it enjoys far-reaching views of the Cloud Peak Wilderness to the west while overlooking Story and the open plains to the east. Red Tiger Springs provides private access to hundreds of thousands of acres of wild and beautiful mountain land. The lower reaches of the property are more open and on gentler slopes where additional home sites would be very viable. The upper reaches of the ranch include springs, deep canyons, and rims providing exceptional wildlife habitat. Wildlife on the property includes elk, moose, deer, bear, and grouse. In summary, there is a good mix of timber, springs, a small creek, and open parks all in their natural state close to town with good basic infrastructure in place.
Just the Facts
- ACREAGE: 377± deeded acres
- LOCATION: Minutes from Story and 20 minutes from Sheridan adjoining US nationalfForest
- BUILDINGS: Exceptional building site with road and underground power
- WILDLIFE: Variety of big game including elk, deer, bear, and moose
- TERRAIN: Gentle to steep mountain slope setting with large stands of pines, aspens, and other deciduous and conifer trees, plus some open parks
- AMENITIES: Miles of ATV trails for exploring the property
- WATER: Springs and a small creek
- SUMMARY: Rare opportunity to buy a private accessible tract of wild and beautiful land fronting on the Bighorn National Forest with no development restrictions
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Flying Y RanchLaramie, WY
Thirteen miles southwest of Laramie 4,050± deeded, contiguous acre ranch with eight miles of the Laramie River. The property includes appealing, functional improvements, extensive wildlife, and world-class fishing for large trout.
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.