The 15,033± acre Wintermote Ranch has been in the same family ownership for over 100 years and lies in the heart of Wyoming’s grasslands- east of Douglas. Almost entirely deeded land, the ranch pulls together three drainages of Shawnee Creek that begin in the timbered ridges at the head of this drainage and transition into well sodded grass plains. The ranch begins 11 miles east of Douglas and is divided near equally, lying both north and south of County Road 52. The three drainages of Shawnee Creek, although mostly seasonal, provide months of stock water and help quench the thirst of an array of wildlife including elk, mule deer, whitetail deer and pronghorn antelope. Most of the water on the ranch is provided by springs, wells - both on power and solar- some of which feed a pipeline that services 17 tire tanks. There are 14 cross-fenced pastures which are positioned to allow easy livestock rotation. The ranch has an owner rated cattle capacity of 350-400 pairs and historically has been used for running cattle and sheep. It is currently being leased to neighboring ranches for seasonal grazing. The improvements include three ranch homes, two sets of corrals as well as the numerous water improvements. The Wintermote Ranch is a working cattle ranch that has all the necessary ingredients to operate independently as a stand-alone cow calf operation. Furthermore, the ranch offers excellent big game hunting for mule deer, elk, upland birds and antelope. In summary this is a conveniently located, well blocked balanced ranch with excellent recreational amenities.Save Property Download Brochure
Just the Facts
- Acreage: 15,033± total acres with 10,597± deeded, 2,080± State lease, 591± BLM Lease and 1,765± private lease
- Terrain: Timbered ridges giving way to well sodded grasslands
- Operation: 14 pastures fenced with four & five wire fences
- Production: 100± acres of meadow along the creek
- Improvements: Two sets of steel corrals and three homes
- Water: Good distribution of water with approximately 15 miles of pipeline, 17 tire tanks, two windmills, seven solar wells
- Location: Ranch is located 11 miles straight east of Douglas on County Road 52
- Recreation: Abundant wildlife including elk, deer, antelope, wild turkeys, upland birds
Other PropertiesMore Like This
“When it was time to invest in a ranch for our family, we knew we needed to work with Hall and Hall. The expertise is unsurpassed.”
A sprawling Montana ranch…on the market for $12 million was the reader favorite in the WSJ’s annual House of the Year contest.
In 1988, Joel Leadbetter became a partner at Hall and Hall where he has been instrumental in completing complicated, high-profile deals such as the recent sale of Texas’ historic 512,000-acre Waggoner Ranch.
Oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens put his Texas panhandle property on the market and it’s listed for a massive $250 million.
“The professionalism, preparation, and overall positive demeanor exhibited… were truly impressive… I have never before worked with a more dedicated, knowledgeable, and level-headed sales professional.”
America’s Best Brokerages