Every once in a while, that perfect “gentleman’s” ranch comes to the market. Located in a tightly held valley, less than an hour from Vail and Beaver Creek, the landowner is putting their legacy holding on the market for the first time in over 50 years. The 462± acre, L Quarter Circle presents an extraordinary opportunity to acquire a true tailwater fishery, featuring both banks of Sweetwater Creek for approximately 5,640 feet of a high-grade brown trout fishery. Immediate access to thousands of acres of public land, adjacent to BLM, and in turn adjacent to the White River National Forest. The Eagle/Vail Jet Center is located less than 35 minutes from the property, while Vail and Beaver Creek are just under an hour, and Aspen is just over an hour and a half’s drive away. Tucked away in a grove of aspen trees overlooking an expansive irrigated meadow and mainstem of Sweetwater Creek, the primary residence is private and secluded, offering just under 5,000 square feet. Charming, well built, and privately located, the home offers a modern farmhouse feel further complementing the property. A functional caretaker home, barn, and turn of the century cabin round out the balance of the improvements. The land is a combination of irrigated meadow, bottomland surrounding the river, and the balance graduates in elevation transitioning from oak-covered hillsides into higher elevation heavy timber. Easily accessible and incredibly well located, this style of property is in demand, hard to find, and not easily replicated.
Just the Facts
- 462± deed acres
- Excellent primary residence, functional manager’s home, barn, and turn of the century cabin
- 2002 - 4,715 sq. ft., 4 bed, 3.5 bath primary residence
- 1965 – 1,060 sq. ft. 3 bed, 1.5 bath caretaker residence
- Easy drive and accessibility to Eagle/Vail County Regional Airport
- Less than an hour from Vail and Beaver Creek and less than two hours from Aspen
- Year-round county road access
- Close proximity to iconic Flat Tops
- Approximately 5,640 linear feet of both banks of Sweetwater Creek, a tailwater fishery to Sweetwater Lake
- Exceptional German brown trout fishery featuring outstanding habitat and natural ecosystem
- Riland and Cease creeks offer seasonal tributary water resources
- Approximately 20 acres of irrigated meadows and hay production
- Adjudicated water rights to support irrigation
- Abundant migratory wildlife, small game species, and a variety of bird species
- Biodiversity of habitat, vegetation, and topography
- Transitional landscape and varying topography, ranging from bottomland irrigated land to mid-level scrub oak hillside, rising to heavily forested timberland
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Other PropertiesMore Like This
KBO RanchCripple Creek, CO
360± deeded acres of private and secluded vacant land located an hour’s drive west of Colorado Springs. The property is heavily tree covered, offers scenic mountain views, plentiful wildlife, and presents an opportunity to build to suit.
Highlighted by a stunning mountain landscape and truly exceptional improvements, 6,343± acre Elk Island Ranch is an amazing four-season recreational paradise, located only 10 minutes from a real town with jet strip.
The 9,565± acre ranch is situated along the banks of the North Loup River in the Nebraska Sandhills. It is a highly diversified and top-notch ranch with excellent improvements, abundant wildlife and excellent rangeland.
Most brokers have a strong sense of independence, so brokerages work around that, but Hall and Hall is not about the one working alone—our strength and longevity is built on the broker partnership structure
Combining Yampa River and mountainous land, this 3,745± acre ranch stands out for its big fish, big game hunting and convenient location within 20 minutes of Steamboat Springs and the regional airport.
Gearhart Ranch is 9,155± acres of productive grasslands in the Davis Mountains. Successful highland cattle operation for over 100 years. Exceptional game, stunning beauty and starry nights.
Our clients select Hall and Hall because of the agency’s reputation for excellence and 74 years of building relationships
Scenic working cattle and recreational ranch located near Big Sky Resort. Recently constructed impeccable custom-designed improvements. Elk, deer, antelope and bear. Ranch is being offered turn-key inclusive of equipment and furnishings.
1,913± acres of some of the most historic and coveted plantation lands in the Red Hills. Incredible location just five miles from downtown Thomasville, Georgia surrounded by other quail plantations.
“The underlying theme you must recognize in making a land purchase is: land has become recognized as an investment-class asset”
Cattle ranch and recreational property. Grassy hillsides, pastures, irrigated pivots, hay ground and treed creek and river bottoms. Five and a half miles of Cheyenne River and 13 miles of Rapid Creek.
End-of-the-road private family retreat on the river encompassed on three sides by USFS in dramatic setting under towering craggy peaks. Thoughtfully executed, classic log improvements. Year-round access 45 miles from Cody.