Hoot Owl Ranch is a combination livestock and dryland farm in southwestern Nebraska. With approximately 10,985± deeded acres and 800± leased acres, the 11,785± acre total has 1,139± acres of productive dry farmland. The balance of the property is a combination of well-fenced and watered grazing lands. Two primary building sites on the property include three well-maintained and remodeled homes along with excellent cattle-working facilities. Not to be overlooked are the historic barns and hunting cabin, ideal for entertaining or relaxation.
Grazing land is a mix of rolling country interspersed with attractive canyons. Conservative stocking rates and rotational grazing have resulted in good range condition. A few areas of native pine and juniper make ideal habitat for deer and turkey. The current landowner has planted thousands of trees to further provide wildlife habitat and livestock protection. Leased lands include both State and private lands that enhance the grazing capacity of the ranch. Dry farmland is mostly level to gently sloping, used to raise winter wheat and livestock feed. Recent dryland wheat yields have been over 40 bushels per acre.
Hoot Owl Ranch is located just under 3 hours from metropolitan Denver and 90 minutes from Cheyenne, Wyoming. Scottsbluff, Nebraska, 30 minutes north of the ranch, is a delightful smaller community that offers a regional airport, medical center, and a variety of services and activities.
In addition to the real estate, Hoot Owl Ranch ownership will offer the property with livestock and equipment included.
Just the Facts
• 11,785± total acres, of which 10,985± are deeded
• Well-maintained improvements include three recently updated homes, excellent livestock facilities, hunting cabin, shooting sports
• 30 minutes from Scottsbluff, Nebraska; three hours from Denver; 90 minutes from Cheyenne, Wyoming
• 50 percent of Sellers mineral rights included
• Rolling hills and scenic canyons with native pine and cedar
• Owner has planted thousands of other trees for wildlife habitat and livestock protection
• Deer and turkey
• 1,139± acres productive dry cropland
• Conservative stocking rates and rotational grazing have resulted in good range condition
• Cattle and equipment are available by separate treaty
Learn more about the property
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Deeded Acres: 10,985±
State Leased Acres: 800±
Total Leased Acres: 800±
Total Acres: 11,785±
Seller to include 1/2 of mineral interests BUT this will not include any mineral interests owned by Jack May.