The Whitmire Ranch, formerly known as the Historic Washington Ranch, is 470± acres of rolling grassland dotted with hundreds of mature pecan and oak trees. The ranch is well-equipped as either a cattle or horse estate. The property will be auctioned in 4 tracts and combinations ranging from 20± acre home to 318± acre executive estate with extensive horse facilities.
Call Hall and Hall Auctions today to request a brochure!
Auction Date and Location:
Tuesday, September 17th at 10:00am CT
Held at the WinStar World Casino & Resort
Convention Center Junior Ballroom D
777 Casino Ave., Thackerville, OK 73459
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION DATES HAVE BEEN ADDED:
Sunday, September 15th from 2:00 to 5:00pm
Monday, September 16th from 2:00 to 5:00pm
Agents are available to perspective purchasers at any time by appointment.
In cooperation with Harrigan Land Company.
Just the Facts
Click Here for additional property information.
- 470± acres between Dallas & Oklahoma City
- Offered in 4 tracts and combinations
- Historic 8,500± square foot Cattleman’s Castle, guest house, apartment, and pool house
- Two horse barns, indoor riding arena, outdoor arena, and more
- Year-round creek, several ponds and rolling terrain
- Bass fishing, whitetail deer and turkey
The Whitmire Ranch features the best of rural Oklahoma yet is remarkably accessible. It lies only miles from Interstate 35, 90 miles from Fort Worth, TX and 120 miles from Oklahoma City, OK. The boating and fishing magnet of Lake Texoma and the state’s largest casino and resort, the WinStar are only minutes away.
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Tract 1: 318± acres
- Historic 8,500± square foot Cattlemen’s Castle
- Four car garage and two apartments
- Three bedroom, four bath guest house
- Pool house
- Horse barn with 27 stalls
- Indoor riding arena 125’X200’
- Outdoor arena and breaking pens
Tract 2: 112± acres
- Mostly pasture with multiple ponds
Tract 3: 33± acres
- Wooded building site
- Substantial road frontage with paved private entry
Tract 4: 20± acres
- Manager’s home
- Private end of the road entry
Deeded Acres: 470±
Total Acres: 470±
Click Here for additional property information.
The “Cattleman’s Castle” was built in 1888 and is now on the National Register of Historic Places. It is a fully remodeled, 8,500± square foot home offering four bedrooms and six baths built on three levels. It boasts Pennsylvania barn wood floors, high ceilings, and numerous large windows. The kitchen is particularly impressive, with commercial fixtures, two large islands, and a 16-door pantry cabinet.
With classic 19th century opulence, the mansion includes a large foyer, two grand parlors, dining area, and a large office and den. Even the basement is impressive, with its slate floors and additional bedroom.
A large covered porch surrounds the house on three sides, ensuring a perfect venue for enjoying the Oklahoma evenings.
The stone guest house has three bedrooms with cathedral ceilings, four baths, and its own kitchen.
The stone pool house has two baths, exercise room, kitchen and serves the large outdoor swimming pool.
The garage building has a four-bays, a large carport, and two efficiency apartments.
The equestrian facilities include a new 27-stall barn, 40-stall barn, historic hay barn, 125’X200’ indoor riding arena, 125’X200’ outdoor arena, and breaking pens.
Tract 4: Manager’s home with a private end of the road entry.
Summary of Terms:
· A five percent buyer's premium will be added to the final bid price(s) to determine the total contract price(s).
· A ten percent earnest money deposit of the total contract price will be due immediately from all successful bidders.
· The property is being sold "AS IS, WHERE IS" and without any contingencies including financing.
· Closing will be set 30 days from the auction date or as soon thereafter as closing documents are available.
· Broker participation is available. Contact our office for participation guideline.
“Guns, bear spray and handsaws: These aren’t the tools of your average luxury real-estate agent. But ranch brokers like Mr. Murphy, a Bozeman-based partner at Hall & Hall, occupy a unique and increasingly challenging niche in the world of multimillion-dollar property.”
“When it was time to invest in a ranch for our family, we knew we needed to work with Hall and Hall. The expertise is unsurpassed.”
In 1988, Joel Leadbetter became a partner at Hall and Hall where he has been instrumental in completing complicated, high-profile deals such as the recent sale of Texas’ historic 512,000-acre Waggoner Ranch.
“The professionalism, preparation, and overall positive demeanor exhibited… were truly impressive… I have never before worked with a more dedicated, knowledgeable, and level-headed sales professional.”
I had been looking for the right property for several years and Elliott Davenport’s insight into the quail plantation market and his ability to think strategically was instrumental in helping me find our new place. Elliott was helpful on all technical aspects of contracting and due diligence. His post closing help with hiring and contractors made the process much easier as well.
I have purchased 4 ranches through Hall and Hall over the past 20 years, and there is simply no other team in the world like them. They have navigated complexity, professionally attended to every detail, operated with fairness and integrity, and demonstrated an unwavering commitment to me– whether representing me or the person on the other side of the deal.