Once part of the famous Kittredge Ranch in southern Oregon, Timmerman Land and Cattle Company (TLCC) is an impressive operating and recreation property that features 2,200± contiguous, deeded acres and over two-and-a-half miles of the spring-fed upper Williamson River. Surface and groundwater rights covering approximately 1,500 acres, along with extensive stream frontage, make this among the best-watered ranches available in the region.
The property encompasses a series of large irrigated and sub-irrigated pastures flanked by pine-forested uplands and shares a lengthy boundary with the Winema National Forest and Klamath Marsh National Wildlife Refuge. A full set of residential and agricultural improvements reside on a timbered hillside overlooking the ranch and include a remodeled brick owner’s residence, a remodeled guest house, manager’s home, bunkhouse, storage sheds, shop building, and steel pipe working corrals with cattle scale.
As with many ranches in this area, TLCC is run primarily as a yearling operation and has typically accommodated up to 1,500 calves from May until the beginning of September depending on moisture and market conditions. The majority of the ranch is covered by gravity-fed, surface irrigation from the river. Approximately 200 acres are irrigated by a well and center pivot.
The upper Williamson is famous for its native redband trout, and fishing on the ranch can produce large trout in the 20-inch class. Brook and brown trout also call the river home. Dry fly fishing is best in spring and early summer during the annual “black drake” mayfly hatch when trout feed aggressively on the surface. Waterfowl hunting on the ranch and the adjoining national wildlife refuge can be excellent depending on water levels in the fall. Elk, mule deer, and antelope are also found on the ranch.
The town of Chiloquin, 40 miles southwest of the property, provides the nearest commercial services, while the popular city of Bend and its commercial airport are located 100 miles to the north. Chiloquin is also home to a Chiloquin State Airport with a 3,749-foot runway.
Just the Facts
- 2,200± contiguous, deeded acres
- Highly productive summer pasture ranch with outstanding recreational values and water resources
- Located in a secluded setting with gentle topography and excellent scenery
- Over 2.5 miles of the upper Williamson River supporting a vibrant wild trout fishery
- Accommodates 1,500± yearlings during summer months based on moisture and market conditions
- Surface and center pivot irrigation for approximately 1,500 acres
- Complete set of residential and ranch improvements, including a comfortable, remodeled owner’s home with 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms
- Year-round access on paved roads
- Within easy driving distance to Bend and its commercial airport and less than an hour to Crater Lake National Park
- Home to elk, mule deer, antelope, and waterfowl
- Abundant opportunities for habitat development and enhancement
- No conservation easement
- Elevation approximately 4,500 ft.
- Annual property taxes approximately $5,870
Other PropertiesMore Like This
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.