The Porter Ranch is 2,173± total acres overlooking the Greybull River Valley, lying just three miles west of Meeteetse and 35 minutes from Cody, Wyoming. The well-blocked ranch includes 1,453± deeded acres, 640± acres of State of Wyoming lease, and 80± acres of BLM lease. The majority of the ranch consists of a rolling and broken topography. The north end of the property, where the improvements are located, consists of a high bench overlooking the Greybull River Valley. From there, it rolls south into steep canyons and ridges covered with pinon pine, cedar trees, and juniper bushes, providing cover to a healthy population of big game, including mule deer, elk, and antelope. The hilltops provide stunning mountain views and both Lower and Upper Sunshine Reservoir views. Anchoring the ranch is a 2,900 square foot custom log home and three large and newly constructed outbuildings, including a nice shop, storage facility, and livestock barn with working corrals. The corrals are pipe constructed in good working condition and equipped with livestock water. Overall, the ranch is very well watered with an eight-tank pipeline system and multiple fresh springs providing watering holes to all wildlife and livestock. Due to the freshwater springs, there are an abundance of elk wallows providing excellent hunting for trophy elk.
Just the Facts
- Acreage- 2,173± total acres of which 640± acres are State of Wyoming lease and 80± acres are BLM lease.
- Location- 35 minutes south of Cody, WY, by way of Hwy 290 Pitchfork Road.
- Topography- Mostly native rangeland, steep canyons and ridges, springs and riparian corridors, and a diversity of timber.
- Water- Two small ponds, livestock pipeline and tanks, multiple freshwater springs, just minutes from both Upper and Lower Sunshine Reservoirs.
- Wildlife- Upland birds, both deer species, wild turkey, and trophy quality elk.
- Recreation- The ranch has excellent hunting and is in close proximity to the Absaroka Mountains and the Shoshone National Forest, with many streams and rivers providing excellent fishing.
- Improvements: A modest log home with five bedrooms, three full baths, and three well-maintained outbuildings. Inclusive of one 104’ X 60’ Morton, one 40’ x 60’ all steel Wedgcor built facility, and one 40’X 80’ insulated Morton horse facility.
Other PropertiesMore Like This
This story has a happy ending for everyone involved. Both buyer and seller can rest assured that the Diamond S is in good hands moving forward.
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.