The Tyler and Nettie Dodge Ranch represents an immaculate, blocked up, 6,541± deeded acre ranch just seven miles south of Wheatland. A perfectly balanced ranch with 770± acres under irrigation and 5,750± acres of excellent rangeland fenced into seven pastures. The ranch currently runs 1,400 yearlings from November to April while putting up 2,500 tons of quality hay. As a year-round operation, the ranch has comfortably supported 400 pairs. There are four sets of quality improvements that are modest, very comfortable, and well-maintained, including four homes and a complete set of ranch buildings and corrals. The topography of the ranch has a natural transition from the lower 5,000 feet irrigated bottoms that ease up into the hills and break at the south end topping out at 5,800 feet in the mahogany ridges. Loaded with wildlife, including mule deer, antelope, some upland birds, and elk. In summary, this is a very productive, private, and balanced ranch operation that is easy to get to and in excellent condition.
Just the Facts
- ACREAGE: A contiguous 6,541± deeded acres; comprised of 5,750± acres grazing land, 466± acres of flood irrigation, 305± acres under five pivots.
- HISTORY: Owned by the Tyler Dodge family since 1981.
- LOCATION: Seven miles south of Wheatland in Platte County.
- CAPACITY: Currently running 1,400 yearlings November-April/May while putting up 2,500 tons of hay. As a year-round operation, it is owner rated at 400 pairs.
- WATER: Excellent water rights out of Wheatland Irrigation District. Good distribution of drinking water for livestock and wildlife – wells, pipelines, springs, and developed springs.
- AIR SERVICE: Commercial air service in Casper, WY (110 miles away) or a private jet-capable airport is a 10-minute drive from the ranch in Wheatland.
- WILDLIFE: Mule deer, antelope, upland bird hunting, sometimes elk, and sometimes whitetail deer. Non-Resident deer and antelope tags available.
- IMPROVEMENTS: Modest, well-kept, and functional, including an owner’s residence and three other homes at separate locations. Livestock barns with corrals, shop, garages, and other outbuildings
- SUMMARY: A blocked up, very productive, private, and balanced ranching operation that is easy to get to and in excellent condition.
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Tongue River RefugeSheridan, WY
Tongue River Refuge is 1,907± deeded acres with 330± irrigated acres. Three miles of the Tongue River, diverse wildlife and terrain, comfortable residences, and agricultural infrastructure for a balanced, owner-rated 150AU ranch.
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.