The South Comanche Ranch, owned by the same ranching family for over fifty years, represents a rare opportunity to buy a large operating ranch within 60 miles of downtown Denver. South Comanche Ranch runs 650± cows plus bulls and horses on 17,853± total acres which include 1,280 acres of State of Colorado leased land. The headquarters lie just 14 miles south of Byers and I-70, providing a nice nearby agricultural community for the ranch owner and family. The ranch is fenced into 18 pastures and is exceptionally well-watered with 20 wells, seasonal stream flows, and numerous reservoirs. The ranch also has Colorado Ground Water Commission adjudicated water rights in the Laramie-Fox Hills, Denver and Arapahoe aquifers. The ranch’s operating improvements, fences, and roads are “Bradbury Standard” and have been maintained to the highest-quality of care. Pasture and extensive corrals, along with loading snake and hydraulic chute, makes for efficient cattle operation. The 3,460± square foot owner’s residence has been remodeled and is a comfortable five-bedroom home. The terrain is incredibly diverse for eastern Colorado with over nine miles of riparian bottoms, some dryland farming, terraced hillsides, timbered foothills, open grasslands and scenic arroyos. Distant views of the Rocky Mountain peaks dominate the skyline from most places on the ranch. Wildlife is prolific including deer, antelope, and a variety of smaller game animals. In summary, South Comanche Ranch is an investment quality operating ranch within easy reach of one of the west’s most exciting and actively growing metropolitan areas. The long term potential of this ranch as a family legacy investment cannot be overemphasized.
Just the Facts
- Combined total of 16,573± deeded acres
- 1,280± acres of state leased land
- 14 miles from Byers to ranch headquarters at South Comanche Ranch
- 30 miles from Parker to west entrance of ranch
- Conveniently located within 60 miles of downtown Denver, an hour to Denver International Airport, and 45 minutes to Centennial Airport
- Primary residence built in 1971, later remodeled, has 3,460± sq. ft., 5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, and 2 car garage
- Functional and well-maintained improvements including agricultural infrastructure of a horse barn, cattle barn, equipment shop, storage shop, Quonset, secondary equipment shop, grain storage, extensive corrals, and excellent fencing
- Exceptionally well-watered, including numerous water wells, ponds, dirt tanks, catch ponds, and seasonal creek flows
- Includes state approved Determination of Water Rights in the Laramie-Fox Hills, Denver and Arapahoe aquifers
- Two domestic wells
- 16 solar wells and 4 livestock wells
- 18 total separate pastures
- Owners have historically run 650± cow/calf pairs year-round
- Approximately 5 miles of West Bijou Creek
- Approximately 4 miles of Rattlesnake Creek
- Several miles of Mule and East Gulch drainages
- Several terraced hillsides
- Heavily lined cottonwood treed creek bottomland
- Numerous drainages, small arroyos, and diverse topography all providing excellent livestock and wildlife protection
- Abundant antelope, mule deer, occasional whitetail and elk, ducks, geese, and a variety of small game and bird species
- Outstanding mixture of undulating topography, riparian areas, diverse landscape, creek bottom and overall biodiversity
- Numerous pastures, excellent fencing, and ease of livestock handling
- Dryland farming component is approximately 160 acres currently planted in a grass mix for livestock
- Predominately sandy loam soil, blue grama, little bluestem and brome grasses throughout the ranch
- Annual precipitation ranges from 12 to 18 inches
- Elevation ranges from approximately 5,600 feet to 5,900 feet
- Real estate taxes $8,490.08
- Large and well-blocked acreage creating privacy and seclusion
- Terrific views throughout the ranch and front range mountains to the west
- Portion of the ranch features heavily timbered hillsides covering approximately 250 acres
- Excellent internal road system (nearly county standard) and well-maintained
- Exceptionally well-managed ranch by professional grade ranching family
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Winding River RanchBuena Vista, CO
Thirty minutes from Buena Vista, 5,967± acre hunting/fishing ranch features five miles of river, and four lakes teeming with trout. Quality elk hunting, comfortably furnished improvements all surrounded by snowcapped peaks.
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.