This scenic high mountain ranch is located 45 minutes from Breckenridge Ski Resort and 75 minutes southwest of Denver. The 830± acre property features 1.3± miles of meandering Tarryall Creek set against a backdrop of the snow-capped peaks of the Continental Divide. The stream is home to a vibrant, self-sustaining population of wild brown trout along with the occasional rainbow and brook trout. The owners completed extensive riparian plantings and stream enhancements over the past few years, significantly improving habitat, shelter and the fishery resulting in fish counts over 2,000 fish per mile on the adjacent upstream property. There is a stunning homesite location at a notch in the valley, overlooking the ranch with the mountains of multiple ranges visible in the distance. In addition to being ecologically important and protected, the ranch is adjacent to BLM lands as well as several large ranches and is easily accessible from paved Highway 285.
Just the Facts
- 830± acres with dramatic views of surrounding snow-capped mountain peaks.
- Varied landscape with shortgrass prairie, riparian corridor, a globally rare fen and some aspen and pine trees.
- Great fishing in Tarryall Creek with vibrant, self-sustaining population of wild brown trout.
- The stream and riparian area have been restored and enhanced to improve fish and wildlife habitat.
- Adjacent to BLM and large ranches and near National Forest.
- Well-recognized ecologically important and protected property.
- Modest existing improvements with the ability to construct new homes and/or ranch compound.
- Wide variety of wildlife live on and around the ranch.
- Located only 45 minutes from Breckenridge and 75 minutes from Denver.
- Easily accessible from State Highway 285 as well as County Road 15.
Learn more about the property
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Deeded Acres: 830±
Total Acres: 830±
* All acreages are approximations.
Seller will convey all mineral rights appurtenant to the ranch that are owned by Seller with the sale of the real property.