This scenic high mountain ranch is located 45 minutes from Breckenridge Ski Resort and 75 minutes southwest of Denver. The 830± acre property features 1.3± miles of meandering Tarryall Creek set against a backdrop of the snow-capped peaks of the Continental Divide. The stream is home to a vibrant, self-sustaining population of wild brown trout along with the occasional rainbow and brook trout. The owners completed extensive riparian plantings and stream enhancements over the past few years, significantly improving habitat, shelter and the fishery resulting in fish counts over 2,000 fish per mile on the adjacent upstream property. There is a stunning homesite location at a notch in the valley, overlooking the ranch with the mountains of multiple ranges visible in the distance. In addition to being ecologically important and protected, the ranch is adjacent to BLM lands as well as several large ranches and is easily accessible from paved Highway 285.
Just the Facts
- 830± acres with dramatic views of surrounding snow-capped mountain peaks.
- Varied landscape with shortgrass prairie, riparian corridor, a globally rare fen and some aspen and pine trees.
- Great fishing in Tarryall Creek with vibrant, self-sustaining population of wild brown trout.
- The stream and riparian area have been restored and enhanced to improve fish and wildlife habitat.
- Adjacent to BLM and large ranches and near National Forest.
- Well-recognized ecologically important and protected property.
- Modest existing improvements with the ability to construct new homes and/or ranch compound.
- Wide variety of wildlife live on and around the ranch.
- Located only 45 minutes from Breckenridge and 75 minutes from Denver.
- Easily accessible from State Highway 285 as well as County Road 15.
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Deeded Acres: 830±
Total Acres: 830±
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Moonshine RanchLa Veta, CO
Moonshine Ranch, located near La Veta, offers 6,300± deeded and 3,400± acres of internally landlocked BLM land. Modestly improved, extraordinarily scenic, abundant wildlife, extremely private, sensational views, and diverse topography.
South Comanche RanchByers, CO
Located an hour from Denver, South Comanche Ranch offers 16,573± deeded acres. Exceptionally well-watered and undulating topography offers excellent protection for livestock and wildlife. Functional improvements, professional grade ranch.
“Guns, bear spray and handsaws: These aren’t the tools of your average luxury real-estate agent. But ranch brokers like Mr. Murphy, a Bozeman-based partner at Hall & Hall, occupy a unique and increasingly challenging niche in the world of multimillion-dollar property.”
“When it was time to invest in a ranch for our family, we knew we needed to work with Hall and Hall. The expertise is unsurpassed.”
In 1988, Joel Leadbetter became a partner at Hall and Hall where he has been instrumental in completing complicated, high-profile deals such as the recent sale of Texas’ historic 512,000-acre Waggoner Ranch.
“The professionalism, preparation, and overall positive demeanor exhibited… were truly impressive… I have never before worked with a more dedicated, knowledgeable, and level-headed sales professional.”
I had been looking for the right property for several years and Elliott Davenport’s insight into the quail plantation market and his ability to think strategically was instrumental in helping me find our new place. Elliott was helpful on all technical aspects of contracting and due diligence. His post closing help with hiring and contractors made the process much easier as well.
I have purchased 4 ranches through Hall and Hall over the past 20 years, and there is simply no other team in the world like them. They have navigated complexity, professionally attended to every detail, operated with fairness and integrity, and demonstrated an unwavering commitment to me– whether representing me or the person on the other side of the deal.