This scenic 192± acre river bottom ranch with panoramic views of Idaho’s highest peaks is among the Lost River Valley's premier trout fishing and wildlife properties. Over a half-mile of the Big Lost River flows through the ranch with numerous riffles, runs, and deep holes that are home to large rainbow trout exceeding 20 inches. Additional water resources on the property include Kid Creek, the Burnett irrigation canal, and various sloughs, side channels, and wetland areas. A lush cottonwood forest offers secluded building sites and provides an undisturbed haven for moose, whitetail deer, mule deer, wild turkeys, raptors, and waterfowl. Approximately 60 acres are productive sprinkler-irrigated cropland with an active farming operation under lease to a local rancher. An agricultural well and buried mainline system deliver water to the ranch’s irrigated fields. Improvements are modest yet functional and include a 1,034± square foot farmhouse, grain silo, and livestock pens. The ranch is located one mile south of the farming and ranching community of Mackay and its general aviation airport and 65 miles from the world famous resort community of Ketchum/Sun Valley over beautiful Trail Creek Pass.
Just the Facts
- 192± deeded acres
- Over a half-mile of both sides of the Big Lost River with outstanding rainbow trout fishing and limited public access
- Sanctuary for moose, mule deer, whitetail deer, wild turkeys, and other wildlife
- Jaw dropping views of the nearby Lost River Range and White Knob Mountains
- Proximity to the Sawtooth National Recreation Area, the Salmon River, and multiple federal wilderness areas
- 1,034± square foot, two-bedroom farmhouse built in 1950 with updated wiring and appliances
- Adjudicated water right to irrigate up to 65 acres
- Located in Idaho hunt unit 50 and the Pioneer elk zone
- Elevation approximately 5,860 feet
- Annual property taxes are approximately $1,100
- Year-round access from US Highway 93
Other PropertiesMore Like This
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.