Encompassing 1,226± acres and a remarkable two and a half miles of fabled Silver Creek, the Renegade Ranch is one of the premier sporting and lifestyle properties in the Sun Valley area. Nestled against the rocky foothills of the Pioneer Mountains, the ranch is conveniently located 45 minutes from Ketchum and the Sun Valley Resort and a half-hour south of the commercial airport in Hailey.
With a reputation as one of the great spring creek trout fisheries in the world, Silver Creek is the centerpiece of the ranch, and few properties in the Silver Creek system offer as much stream frontage or privacy as the Renegade. The birch-lined stretch of Silver Creek flowing through the ranch is not only lengthy but incredibly diverse featuring gravel-lined runs, deep, undercut banks, and well-oxygenated riffles cascading over a basalt rock bottom. Angling opportunities and access to the stream corridor is greatly enhanced by an extensive road and trail network that leads to numerous prime fishing spots. Some of the largest fish in the Silver Creek system are found on the ranch with browns regularly exceeding 20 inches.
Improvements complement the ranch and are highlighted by a 2,160± square foot “fishing cabin” located in a secluded aspen grove on the banks of Silver Creek. Designed by acclaimed local architect Jim Ruscitto, this comfortable, finely crafted log home features three bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms, an open floor plan, a large stone fireplace, and an expansive covered deck overlooking the creek. Upstream of the cabin is an outdoor venue with a fire pit and barbeque area ideal for creekside dining and entertaining. Other improvements include a three-bedroom guest house, manager’s residence, additional employee housing, equipment storage, and a large workshop with attached dog kennels.
Although trout fishing is the predominant activity at the Renegade, the ranch provides excellent wildlife habitat and is home to upland game birds as well as elk and mule deer. The ranch is located in hunt unit 52 and the Smokey-Bennett elk zone and qualifies for landowner appreciation permits for controlled hunts. In addition to its recreational attributes, the Renegade features an active farming operation that utilizes approximately 250 acres of sprinkler-irrigated cropland to raise hay and grain. The Renegade is not covered by a conservation easement at the present time. However, because of the property’s size, location, and extensive frontage on Silver Creek, it is a prime candidate for one.
Just the Facts
- Landmark Sun Valley ranch with 1,226± deeded, contiguous acres
- 2.5± miles of Silver Creek encompassing both banks of the stream with exceptional trout fishing
- Approximately 45 minutes south of Ketchum and the Sun Valley Resort and a half-hour from the airport in Hailey
- Extremely private with virtually no impacts from the public
- Excellent residential and ranch improvements with underground utilities and extensive landscaping
- 250± acres of sprinkler-irrigated cropland raising hay and grain
- Wildlife includes elk, mule deer, chukar, Hungarian partridge, and an array of non-game species
- Ranch qualifies for landowner preference permits for controlled hunts in unit 52
- No conservation easement although an excellent candidate for one
- Annual property taxes are approximately $8,100
- Elevation is 4,750± feet
- A secluded, green oasis surrounded by federal lands and private ranch holdings
Learn more about the property
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Deeded Acres: 1,226±
Total Acres: 1,226±
Domestic, Irrigation & Stockwater
Back to Overview