This scenic 360± acre wilderness ranch is tucked away in its own valley at the foot of central Idaho’s magnificent Lemhi Range surrounded by federal and state lands. Access is either from the air utilizing the property’s private, 1,800± foot grass airstrip and 1,800± sq. ft. hangar or by ranch road from the nearby Pahsimeroi Valley four miles below the property. Little Morgan Creek flows the length of the property year-round through a lush riparian forest delivering water to the ranch’s irrigated pastures and sustaining native westslope cutthroat trout. The property features five ponds filled with water from the creek that the owners originally constructed for wildlife uses and retriever field trial training. A sixth pond is spring-fed and has become home to feisty wild cutthroat. A comfortable, western-style cabin with one bedroom/one bath is located near the upper end of the ranch and perfectly positioned to take in views of 11,000-foot May Mountain at the head of the valley. The cabin is serviced by a reliable solar-powered electrical system with back-up propane generator. It offers a wrap-around porch, custom cabinets, wood-burning stove, and propane-driven appliances. Adjacent to the cabin is a 11’ x 6’ storage building with a shed roof on each side perfect for storing equipment and ATVs. Recreational opportunities here are almost endless with miles of hiking and riding right from the ranch and fishing on Little Morgan Creek and the nearby Pahsimeroi and Salmon Rivers. Wildlife is abundant and includes elk, mule deer, whitetail deer, pronghorn, moose, bighorn sheep, grouse, and chukar. The ranch is ideal for horses, and the owners work with a local rancher to graze cattle on the property’s irrigated and dry pastures during summer months. The closest service community is Challis, Idaho, a 28-mile drive or five-minute flight from the ranch. Salmon, Idaho, county seat for Lemhi County and home to additional services including Steele Memorial Hospital, is a 50-mile drive or 20-minute flight. The resort community of Sun Valley, with world class skiing, fine dining, and excellent golf courses, is a two-hour drive or 35-minute flight.Save Property Download Brochure
Just the Facts
- 360± deeded acres surrounded by federal and state lands
- Over one mile of both sides of Little Morgan Creek
- Stunning mountain scenery with views in all directions
- Adjudicated water rights to irrigate up to 46.5 acres using open ditches and gated pipe
- Irrigated and dry pasture provide seasonal grazing for horses and cattle
- 512± sq. ft., one bedroom/one bath cabin with easy-to-operate, off-the-grid power system
- 1,800± ft. grass runway plus 1,800± sq. ft. heated hangar suitable for storing a small airplane and other equipment
- Miles of hiking and trail riding right from the ranch
- Excellent big game and upland bird hunting and fishing for trout and steelhead
- Located in Idaho hunt unit 37A and the Lemhi elk zone
- Elevation approximately 6,200 ft.
- Annual property taxes are approximately $820
Other PropertiesMore Like This
“When it was time to invest in a ranch for our family, we knew we needed to work with Hall and Hall. The expertise is unsurpassed.”
A sprawling Montana ranch…on the market for $12 million was the reader favorite in the WSJ’s annual House of the Year contest.
In 1988, Joel Leadbetter became a partner at Hall and Hall where he has been instrumental in completing complicated, high-profile deals such as the recent sale of Texas’ historic 512,000-acre Waggoner Ranch.
Oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens put his Texas panhandle property on the market and it’s listed for a massive $250 million.
“The professionalism, preparation, and overall positive demeanor exhibited… were truly impressive… I have never before worked with a more dedicated, knowledgeable, and level-headed sales professional.”
America’s Best Brokerages