The Montana Blue-Ribbon trout fishery, the Big Hole River, is fabled and needs no introduction. However, the Big Hole River Retreat, lying on two-thirds of a mile of river frontage does. This private property includes a newly built home with refurbished barn wood siding, set among a cottonwood forest. Its rock bluff viewshed and river bottom privacy are protected along the length of the riverfront. It is located ideally close to a small quaint town and a half hour from larger towns and commercial airline service. The house is just two years old. The one-story open floorplan is conducive for gatherings of family and friends. The main living area has high ceilings as well as large windows filled with a towering cottonwood forest, granite rock wall, and river views. Additional angling opportunities on the nearby Beaverhead, Ruby, Clark Fork, and Jefferson Rivers are day trips. The half-million acres of the Beaverhead and Deerlodge national forests begin within minutes of the ranch. Moose, deer, songbirds, and raptors love this river-forest hideaway.
Just the Facts
- 54± deeded river bottom acres
- Two-thirds of a mile of Big Hole River frontage
- Five miles south of Melrose
- This 2,200 sq. ft. home built in 2020 features 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, screened-in porch, 500 sq. ft. deck, and 500 sq. ft. two-car garage.
- Protected backdrop view of 400’ BLM bluffs
- 33 miles to commercial air service in Butte