A contiguous block of 18,038± nearly all deeded acres that stretches over 15 miles end-to-end, that looks and operates much the same as it did a century ago. The ranch was originally part of the historic Philbrick Ranch, which was founded by brothers Newell and Freeman Philbrick in 1891. Rosebud Creek meanders through the ranch hay meadows for over three miles supporting significant bird and wildlife habitat, as well as a licensed shooting preserve. The ranch is almost exclusively native range with some intermixed pines and 230± acres of hay meadows. Complementing the live water, numerous developed springs, reservoirs, and wells have been developed and are well-scattered throughout the ranch to support livestock as well as mule deer, whitetail deer, pronghorn antelope, upland birds, and seasonal elk. The ranch improvements are functional and well located in the middle of the ranch along Rosebud Creek, eighteen miles south of I-94 on State Highway 447.
Just the Facts
- 18,038± total acres comprised of:
- 16,966± deeded acres
- 640± acres of state land
- 432± acres of BLM
- George Armstrong Custer and the 7th Cavalry marched through the ranch two days before their fate was sealed at the Battle of the Little Bighorn in 1876.
- Home to a historic US Cavalry supply cache.
- The ranch encompasses parts of the Eagle, Udie, and Sprague Creek drainages
- At 36 acres per AU, the ranch should comfortably carry 500 AU’s. Proximity to the Yellowstone Valley allows for supplemental feed purchases, as needed.
- The ranch lies in a 15-inch moisture area with the wettest months being April, May, and June.
- The ranch lies in Hunting District 702 for deer, antelope, and elk, and has a licensed game bird shooting preserve.
- Improvements include a 3,360 square foot house, 35’X80’ four-bay shop, a historic barn, plus corrals and outbuildings.
- The ranch is located 30 miles southeast of Forsyth, 55 miles southwest of Miles City, and 130 miles east of Billings.
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Island Butte RanchDell, MT
This offering represents a rare opportunity to purchase property in the Big Sheep Creek Basin, a place rich in the ranching tradition. Beautiful scenery, large mountain vistas and great neighbors. This ranch consists of 4000± deeded acres, 6000± BLM, 6000± Forrest and 1200± State leases.
Bremmer Creek RanchBozeman, MT
The 1,048± acre ranch is located on the West side of the Bridger Mountains, 40 minutes from the recreational Mecca of Bozeman. Privately situated, the land offers spectacular views, is full of wildlife & surrounded by vast historic ranches. North Ridge Ranch is well watered by Bremmer Creek; owns 100% of the mineral rights & can carry 100 cows.
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.