Experience the epitome of natural beauty at Sitka Ranch, a 2,971± acre Northern Rockies foothill ranch nestled in the southern end of the breathtaking Paradise Valley, Montana. As Mill Creek Canyon spills out into the valley, the property lies immediately to the west and is situated on the north slope of Green Mountain. With direct access to the National Forest, the ranch offers many year-round recreational opportunities on and off the property. Fly fishing enthusiasts will revel in the proximity to the renowned Yellowstone River and the world-class spring creeks of Paradise Valley.
At the heart of the upper ranch lies a tastefully decorated 13,000± square-foot home, positioned in a private basin that provides panoramic views of the valley to the north and the Gallatin Mountain Range to the west. The upper ranch also features a log guest cabin, a historic horse barn, and working cattle facilities. The primary working improvements are on the lower ranch, including a manager's house, horse barn, calving barn, corrals, and shop. The property's structures and infrastructure are impeccably maintained, reflecting the utmost attention to detail.
Sitka Ranch supports a base herd of approximately 150 animal units as a fully operational cattle ranch. The winter forage is efficiently cultivated using gravity-fed pivots and wheel lines, utilizing the irrigation water from Mill Creek, a significant tributary to the Yellowstone River. This proven ranching methodology has been successfully employed throughout the property's history. Undoubtedly, one of the most compelling aspects of Sitka Ranch is its immediate proximity to the Yellowstone Park complex. This proximity means the property is a haven for a diverse array of Montana wildlife, with countless species calling it home or passing through its expansive boundaries. Discover a truly unique opportunity to coexist with nature on a grand scale.
Just the Facts
- 2,971± deeded acres
- 463± acres – irrigation with nine pivots and three wheel-lines
- 394± acres – forest
- 2,114± acres – grazing and homestead
- Approximately two miles of USFS and BLM boundary
- Access is Montana State Highway 89 to Mill Creek Road to Pray Road
- 21 miles south of Livingston and 46 miles north of the North Entrance into Yellowstone National Park
- 54 miles southeast of Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport
- The owner’s home and log guest cabin are in a private basin setting at the foot of Green Mountain
- Three fishing ponds with immediate access to the Yellowstone River and Paradise Valley Spring Creeks
- Abundant wild and bird life living on and migrating through the ranch
- On the northern edge of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem and on the eastern edge of the Absaroka Beartooth Wilderness Complex
- 150 animal unit cattle operation
- Built in 2006 and remodeled in 2016, a 13,000± square foot owner’s home with six bedrooms and seven baths, and two half baths
- Full complement of ranch working improvements including a four-bedroom and five-bath manager’s home, shop, garage, an historic horse barn, horse barn with office, machine shed, storage shed, two calving barns, and two sets of corrals
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Island Butte RanchDell, MT
This offering represents a rare opportunity to purchase property in the Big Sheep Creek Basin, a place rich in the ranching tradition. Beautiful scenery, large mountain vistas and great neighbors. This ranch consists of 4000± deeded acres, 6000± BLM, 6000± Forrest and 1200± State leases.
Bremmer Creek RanchBozeman, MT
The 1,048± acre ranch is located on the West side of the Bridger Mountains, 40 minutes from the recreational Mecca of Bozeman. Privately situated, the land offers spectacular views, is full of wildlife & surrounded by vast historic ranches. North Ridge Ranch is well watered by Bremmer Creek; owns 100% of the mineral rights & can carry 100 cows.
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.