Located off Howie Road, the Sweet Grass Farm on the Yellowstone is just three miles northeast of the small town of Big Timber, Montana, and approximately 45 minutes from Livingston and just over an hour from Bozeman. The Yellowstone River forms the southern boundary for approximately one mile. Otter Creek enters the property from the north and meanders along the western boundary before joining the Yellowstone. The 609± deeded acres offer crop production or grazing, including 426± irrigated acres, with approximately 366 of those acres being irrigated under five pivots. Water rights are primarily conveyed by two irrigation ditches that traverse the property. Structural improvements include an 8,200± square foot shop/storage/cattle handling facility with well and septic. Undeveloped building sites offer sweeping views of the Yellowstone River and the Beartooth, Absaroka, and Crazy Mountain ranges.
Just the Facts
- 609± deeded acres
- 426± irrigated acres including 366± tillable acres under five pivots
- Approximately one mile of frontage along the north bank of the Yellowstone River
- Additional water features include a portion of Otter Creek and two irrigation ditches
- Approximately three miles northeast of Big Timber
- Views of the Yellowstone River, Beartooth, Absaroka, and Crazy Mountains
- Improvements include an 8,200± square foot shop/storage/cattle handling facility with well and septic
- Water right sources include Big Timber Creek and Otter Creek, which are primarily conveyed by the Bailey-Clark Ditch and Meyer-Rapstad-Rudd Ditch, plus pumping rights from the Yellowstone River
- Potential to lease back to the current owner
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Island Butte RanchDell, MT
This offering represents a rare opportunity to purchase property in the Big Sheep Creek Basin, a place rich in the ranching tradition. Beautiful scenery, large mountain vistas and great neighbors. This ranch consists of 4000± deeded acres, 6000± BLM, 6000± Forrest and 1200± State leases.
Bremmer Creek RanchBozeman, MT
The 1,048± acre ranch is located on the West side of the Bridger Mountains, 40 minutes from the recreational Mecca of Bozeman. Privately situated, the land offers spectacular views, is full of wildlife & surrounded by vast historic ranches. North Ridge Ranch is well watered by Bremmer Creek; owns 100% of the mineral rights & can carry 100 cows.
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.