Situated at the end of a private road adjacent to the Bridger-Teton National Forest, the Flying A Ranch has been in the same family for fifty years functioning both as a family retreat and a successful dude ranch. The setting is sensational backing up to the Gros Ventre Mountain Range and commanding dramatic views of the rugged Wind River Mountains across the Green River Valley to the southeast. Originally opened in 1926 the ranch features a lodge, the famous Guilded Moose Saloon perched on the edge of one of the ranch’s three stocked lakes, eight rustic but well-appointed log guest cabins, a classic western barn, a shop and multiple accommodations for staff. Spread across 360 critical deeded acres with additional grazing for horses, the Flying A offers key access, only 55 miles south and east of Jackson, to over 40 trails into the user-friendly adjacent national forest. Flying A is a perfect size for either a high-end exclusive guest ranch or a private family or corporate retreat.
Just the Facts
• Acreage: 360± critical deeded, blocked and contiguous acres
• Acreage Breakdown: The bulk of the deeded acreage is open meadows adjoining timbered mountain country
• Water: Early water rights for irrigation, three lakes, a well and a mountain stream
• Operational Considerations: As a commercial guest ranch one would have to pursue day-use permits for the adjacent national forest, but as a private retreat one only needs to move in; the property is well maintained and comes fully furnished and equipped with an excellent caretaker in place
• Wildlife: Excellent hunting for deer and elk on or adjacent to the ranch; other wildlife seen on the property – moose, cougar, both species of bear, fox, bobcat, wolf, pine marten, coyote as well as trumpeter swans and Canadian geese
• Improvements: Eight log cabins - most have kitchens and stoves or fireplaces, comfortable porches and heat; also lodge, saloon on the lake, barn, shop and multiple staff quarters
• Conservation Easement: None but terrific potential
• Key Features: Very unique setting adjoining Bridger-Teton National Forest with good private access to user-friendly mountain country behind; well-appointed building compound with outstanding views of two rugged mountain ranges
Other PropertiesMore Like This
This story has a happy ending for everyone involved. Both buyer and seller can rest assured that the Diamond S is in good hands moving forward.
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.