Situated at the end of a private road adjacent to the Bridger-Teton National Forest, the Flying A Ranch has been in the same family for fifty years functioning both as a family retreat and a successful dude ranch. The setting is sensational backing up to the Gros Ventre Mountain Range and commanding dramatic views of the rugged Wind River Mountains across the Green River Valley to the southeast. Originally opened in 1926 the ranch features a lodge, the famous Guilded Moose Saloon perched on the edge of one of the ranch’s three stocked lakes, eight rustic but well-appointed log guest cabins, a classic western barn, a shop and multiple accommodations for staff. Spread across 360 critical deeded acres with additional grazing for horses, the Flying A offers key access, only 55 miles south and east of Jackson, to over 40 trails into the user-friendly adjacent national forest. Flying A is a perfect size for either a high-end exclusive guest ranch or a private family or corporate retreat.
Just the Facts
• Acreage: 360± critical deeded, blocked and contiguous acres
• Acreage Breakdown: The bulk of the deeded acreage is open meadows adjoining timbered mountain country
• Water: Early water rights for irrigation, three lakes, a well and a mountain stream
• Operational Considerations: As a commercial guest ranch one would have to pursue day-use permits for the adjacent national forest, but as a private retreat one only needs to move in; the property is well maintained and comes fully furnished and equipped with an excellent caretaker in place
• Wildlife: Excellent hunting for deer and elk on or adjacent to the ranch; other wildlife seen on the property – moose, cougar, both species of bear, fox, bobcat, wolf, pine marten, coyote as well as trumpeter swans and Canadian geese
• Improvements: Eight log cabins - most have kitchens and stoves or fireplaces, comfortable porches and heat; also lodge, saloon on the lake, barn, shop and multiple staff quarters
• Conservation Easement: None but terrific potential
• Key Features: Very unique setting adjoining Bridger-Teton National Forest with good private access to user-friendly mountain country behind; well-appointed building compound with outstanding views of two rugged mountain ranges
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Thunder River RanchLaramie, WY
Encompassing a diverse landscape of 26,056± total acres (20,502± deeded plus 5,554± leased) that are well-blocked and extremely private, Thunder River Ranch combines a large working ranch with outstanding big game hunting and fishing.
Highlighted by a stunning mountain landscape and truly exceptional improvements, 6,343± acre Elk Island Ranch is an amazing four-season recreational paradise, located only 10 minutes from a real town with jet strip.
The 9,565± acre ranch is situated along the banks of the North Loup River in the Nebraska Sandhills. It is a highly diversified and top-notch ranch with excellent improvements, abundant wildlife and excellent rangeland.
Most brokers have a strong sense of independence, so brokerages work around that, but Hall and Hall is not about the one working alone—our strength and longevity is built on the broker partnership structure
Combining Yampa River and mountainous land, this 3,745± acre ranch stands out for its big fish, big game hunting and convenient location within 20 minutes of Steamboat Springs and the regional airport.
Gearhart Ranch is 9,155± acres of productive grasslands in the Davis Mountains. Successful highland cattle operation for over 100 years. Exceptional game, stunning beauty and starry nights.
Our clients select Hall and Hall because of the agency’s reputation for excellence and 74 years of building relationships
Scenic working cattle and recreational ranch located near Big Sky Resort. Recently constructed impeccable custom-designed improvements. Elk, deer, antelope and bear. Ranch is being offered turn-key inclusive of equipment and furnishings.
1,913± acres of some of the most historic and coveted plantation lands in the Red Hills. Incredible location just five miles from downtown Thomasville, Georgia surrounded by other quail plantations.
“The underlying theme you must recognize in making a land purchase is: land has become recognized as an investment-class asset”
Cattle ranch and recreational property. Grassy hillsides, pastures, irrigated pivots, hay ground and treed creek and river bottoms. Five and a half miles of Cheyenne River and 13 miles of Rapid Creek.
End-of-the-road private family retreat on the river encompassed on three sides by USFS in dramatic setting under towering craggy peaks. Thoughtfully executed, classic log improvements. Year-round access 45 miles from Cody.