Situated at the end of a private road adjacent to the Bridger-Teton National Forest, the Flying A Ranch has been in the same family for fifty years functioning both as a family retreat and a successful dude ranch. The setting is sensational backing up to the Gros Ventre Mountain Range and commanding dramatic views of the rugged Wind River Mountains across the Green River Valley to the southeast. Originally opened in 1926 the ranch features a lodge, the famous Guilded Moose Saloon perched on the edge of one of the ranch’s three stocked lakes, eight rustic but well-appointed log guest cabins, a classic western barn, a shop and multiple accommodations for staff. Spread across 360 critical deeded acres with additional grazing for horses, the Flying A offers key access, only 55 miles south and east of Jackson, to over 40 trails into the user-friendly adjacent national forest. Flying A is a perfect size for either a high-end exclusive guest ranch or a private family or corporate retreat.Save Property Download Brochure
Just the Facts
• Acreage: 360± critical deeded, blocked and contiguous acres
• Acreage Breakdown: The bulk of the deeded acreage is open meadows adjoining timbered mountain country
• Water: Early water rights for irrigation, three lakes, a well and a mountain stream
• Operational Considerations: As a commercial guest ranch one would have to pursue day-use permits for the adjacent national forest, but as a private retreat one only needs to move in; the property is well maintained and comes fully furnished and equipped with an excellent caretaker in place
• Wildlife: Excellent hunting for deer and elk on or adjacent to the ranch; other wildlife seen on the property – moose, cougar, both species of bear, fox, bobcat, wolf, pine marten, coyote as well as trumpeter swans and Canadian geese
• Improvements: Eight log cabins - most have kitchens and stoves or fireplaces, comfortable porches and heat; also lodge, saloon on the lake, barn, shop and multiple staff quarters
• Conservation Easement: None but terrific potential
• Key Features: Very unique setting adjoining Bridger-Teton National Forest with good private access to user-friendly mountain country behind; well-appointed building compound with outstanding views of two rugged mountain ranges
Other PropertiesMore Like This
“When it was time to invest in a ranch for our family, we knew we needed to work with Hall and Hall. The expertise is unsurpassed.”
A sprawling Montana ranch…on the market for $12 million was the reader favorite in the WSJ’s annual House of the Year contest.
In 1988, Joel Leadbetter became a partner at Hall and Hall where he has been instrumental in completing complicated, high-profile deals such as the recent sale of Texas’ historic 512,000-acre Waggoner Ranch.
Oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens put his Texas panhandle property on the market and it’s listed for a massive $250 million.
“The professionalism, preparation, and overall positive demeanor exhibited… were truly impressive… I have never before worked with a more dedicated, knowledgeable, and level-headed sales professional.”
America’s Best Brokerages