The Mote Ranch lies 13 miles east of Kaycee in the productive Sussex Valley taking in both sides of the Powder River. Its 512± deeded acres combine lush irrigated hay fields and heavily treed alluvial river bottom. The Mote Ranch is adjacent to and accessed off Wyoming Highway 192 - Sussex Road. Easily accessible off the paved highway are a complete set of quality, practical improvements including two nice homes, a barn, a large multipurpose steel building within which are a heated shop bay, stalls and riding area. Below the improvements are fertile irrigated hay meadows that run down towards the river bottom which consists of large cottonwood trees interspersed with grassy parks and dense thickets of brush - absolutely ideal habitat for wildlife and solid protection for livestock. Mote Ranch is a versatile, beautiful and peaceful property with an abundance of wildlife, productive meadows, a rich riparian corridor and well-maintained, useful improvements.Save Property Download Brochure
Just the Facts
- Location: 13 paved miles east of Kaycee, Wyoming
- Acreage: 512± deeded acres
- Acreage Breakdown: 125± irrigated acres with an additional 40± acres appropriated; balance is primarily riparian
- Animal Units: Owner rated stocking rate of 75 pairs
- Water: Nearly two miles of the Powder River plus winterized livestock waterers throughout the ranch
- Improvements: two nice homes, barn, large multi-purpose steel building
- Wildlife: Excellent hunting for mule deer, whitetail and turkeys
Other PropertiesMore Like This
“When it was time to invest in a ranch for our family, we knew we needed to work with Hall and Hall. The expertise is unsurpassed.”
A sprawling Montana ranch…on the market for $12 million was the reader favorite in the WSJ’s annual House of the Year contest.
In 1988, Joel Leadbetter became a partner at Hall and Hall where he has been instrumental in completing complicated, high-profile deals such as the recent sale of Texas’ historic 512,000-acre Waggoner Ranch.
Oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens put his Texas panhandle property on the market and it’s listed for a massive $250 million.
“The professionalism, preparation, and overall positive demeanor exhibited… were truly impressive… I have never before worked with a more dedicated, knowledgeable, and level-headed sales professional.”
America’s Best Brokerages