The Mote Ranch lies 13 miles east of Kaycee in the productive Sussex Valley taking in both sides of the Powder River. Its 512± deeded acres combine lush irrigated hay fields and heavily treed alluvial river bottom. The Mote Ranch is adjacent to and accessed off Wyoming Highway 192 - Sussex Road. Easily accessible off the paved highway are a complete set of quality, practical improvements including two nice homes, a barn, a large multipurpose steel building within which are a heated shop bay, stalls and riding area. Below the improvements are fertile irrigated hay meadows that run down towards the river bottom which consists of large cottonwood trees interspersed with grassy parks and dense thickets of brush - absolutely ideal habitat for wildlife and solid protection for livestock. Mote Ranch is a versatile, beautiful and peaceful property with an abundance of wildlife, productive meadows, a rich riparian corridor and well-maintained, useful improvements.
Just the Facts
- Location: 13 paved miles east of Kaycee, Wyoming
- Acreage: 512± deeded acres
- Acreage Breakdown: 125± irrigated acres with an additional 40± acres appropriated; balance is primarily riparian
- Animal Units: Owner rated stocking rate of 75 pairs
- Water: Nearly two miles of the Powder River plus winterized livestock waterers throughout the ranch
- Improvements: two nice homes, barn, large multi-purpose steel building
- Wildlife: Excellent hunting for mule deer, whitetail and turkeys
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.