There are exciting noteworthy items to unpack in the spring issue of The Land Report! Billing itself “The Magazine of the American Landowner”, The Land Report was first published in April 2007. Known for its annual publication ranking the top 100 largest land owners in America, the website and corresponding magazine also produce a quarterly newsletter covering topics such as the latest legislation, conservation, and news affecting landowners. A few notable highlights within this issue:
- Ranchland Deal of the Year 2021 – Beaverhead Ranch. Learn more about the history and future of this iconic working legacy ranch here.
- Hall and Hall Auctions had great success and earned a National Top Auction House designation by the Land Report. Their epic 2021 year is described in further detail here.
- Jim Taylor speaks to a new generation of buyers entering the rural land market during a record-setting year which included Montana’s most expensive ranch sale, the Beaverhead Ranch, and the purchase of Dome Mountain Ranch for which Tim Murphy of Hall and Hall represented the Buyer. Both ranches’ new owners acknowledge a strong responsibility for land stewardship and conservation.
- And in line with conservation, The Wildlands Conservancy took ownership of the remote and scenic Lone Pine Ranch. The group worked hard to purchase the ranch for posterity and with some assistance from The Conservation Fund were able to do so. Hall and Hall Partner, Bill McDavid worked closely with the sellers of the ranch who are looking forward to seeing more people able to access and experience it.
- And within the Editors selection of Vistas properties is Cromwell Island which is the largest natural freshwater lake west of the Mississippi.
Be sure to grab your copy of the Land Report when they drop from the presses the week of July 4th.