Nestled amongst the rolling hills in the esteemed Santa Ynez Valley, Rancho Latigo offers a 4,675± acre bucolic landscape as the backdrop for a host of exquisite improvements. Featured in Architectural Digest, the lavish main residence designed by acclaimed architect David Leavengood features every luxury amenity imaginable, including a 10,000 bottle wine cellar, movie theater, gym, wood paneled office, six well-appointed en-suite bedrooms, and countless outdoor entertaining areas that surround the enormous swimmer’s pool. Notable architectural elements include soaring ceilings, imported and hand-carved materials, stunning hardwood floors and wood beams, and French doors throughout that take advantage of ideal indoor-outdoor living. Other improvements include top-shelf equestrian facilities, three-bedroom guesthouse, helipad, and a tennis court.
A feasibility study conducted by Coastal Vineyard Care Associates examined topography, soils and climate and identified 1,055 acres as being suitable for planting grapes on the ranch. The same consulting group submitted a planting recommendation for a boutique vineyard of 6 varietals on 53 acres utilizing existing infrastructure on the ranch. The ranch is also a strong candidate for a tax-incentivized donation of a conservation easement. The show-grade equestrian facilities feature an exquisitely designed and highly-photographed and published 11 stall stable, 10,000 square foot barn, covered riding arena, and various turnouts. Additional home and structure sites abound with utility and direct road access. This trophy property is a family legacy waiting to happen. It offers the respite and tranquility of a luxury resort with close proximity to Los Olivos and Santa Barbara. The current owner of this ranch is only the 4th owner since 1868.
Information Days and Location:
Friday, September 25th
Monday, October 5th
Due to California COVID-19 restrictions, please contact our office to reserve a personal time slot.
Showings also available by appointment
Held on site
Auction Date and Location:
Tuesday, October 20th - 1:00pm PT
Auction will be held on site.
Offered in conjunction with Compass.
Just the Facts
- Highly desirable Santa Ynez Valley location in Santa Barbara County. Only 36 miles to Santa Barbara
- Mild Mediterranean climate
- 4,675 deeded acres
- 14,000 square foot Spanish Colonial home with six bedrooms and 11 baths. Includes 10,000 bottle wine cellar and a movie theater. Extensively landscaped
- Guest house, tennis courts, pool, workshop, and helicopter pad
- 10,000 square foot, 11 stall horse barn
- 23,000 square foot horse arena
- Miles of trails for horseback or ATV riding
- Borders massive block of Los Padres National Forest as well as the Sedgwick Reserve
Summary of Terms:
• A five percent (5%) buyer's premium will be added to the final bid price(s) to determine the total contract price(s).
• A ten percent (10%) earnest money deposit of the total contract price will be due immediately from the successful bidder.
• The property is being sold "AS IS, WHERE IS" and without any contingencies, including financing.
• Closing will be set 21 days from the auction date or as soon thereafter as closing documents are available.
• Broker participation is available. Contact our office for participation guidelines.
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Willow Creek RanchMcCloud, CA
Mount Shasta towers above this 4,000± acre ranch with a trout stream, riding trails, valuable timber resources, and forest service borders. Improvements include almost 50,000 square feet designed for private enjoyment.
Rana Creek RanchCarmel Valley, CA
With over 14,000 acres, Rana Creek Ranch is the largest landholding in California’s Carmel Valley. Tremendous operational potential combined with endless recreational resources. Less than an hour to Pebble Beach.
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.