The 124± acre Copper Basin Ranch is an undeveloped national forest inholding located approximately 25 miles northeast of the resort community of Ketchum/Sun Valley over Trail Creek Pass and 40 miles from Mackay via Trail Creek Road and US Highway 93. The East Fork of the Big Lost River, a beautiful mid-sized freestone stream, flows for over a mile through the property providing outstanding trout fishing throughout its length. Star Hope and Wildhorse Creeks (two of the East Fork's main tributaries), along with the North Fork of the Big Lost and main stem Big Lost, are only a short distance away from the property and offer additional high-quality, easily accessible fishing opportunities. The remnant structures of a former homestead are the only improvements on the ranch. With a level, valley bottom topography, there are excellent building sites that offer enchanting views of the river and the surrounding peaks of the Pioneer and White Knob Mountains. Big Rocky Canyon opens onto the north side of the ranch and provides private access to the adjacent high country. The Salmon-Challis National Forest surrounds the ranch and offers miles of hiking, horseback riding, and big game hunting. Wildlife in the East Fork Valley includes elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, mountain goats, and upland game birds.
Just the Facts
- 124± acre retreat surrounded by the Salmon-Challis National Forest
- Over one mile of the East Fork of the Big Lost with excellent trout fishing plus abundant fishing opportunities nearby
- One of just a few private holdings along the East Fork in the coveted Trail Creek/Copper Basin area
- 25 miles from Ketchum/Sun Valley over Trail Creek Pass
- Year-round access from Mackay via Trail Creek Road and US Highway 93
- Undeveloped with excellent building sites plus power to the ranch
- Miles of hiking, trail riding, and ATV touring right from the property
- Located in hunt unit 50 and the Pioneer Elk Zone
- Irrigation rights for 107 acres from the East Fork and a large spring on the property
- 7,100± feet in elevation
- Annual property taxes are approximately $825
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Lava Lake RanchSun Valley, ID
Located 45 miles from Sun Valley, this expansive agricultural, conservation, and wildlife property encompasses an operating footprint of 825,000± acres with 24,108± deeded acres and over 800,000 acres in grazing leases and permits.
South Skookumchuck Creek RanchWhite Bird, ID
Undeveloped grazing and hunting ranch with 838± acres located near the Salmon River between Riggins and Grangeville. Features diverse topography, big views, year-round creek, multiple building sites, and excellent access.
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.