A well-recognized property in the Sun Valley area, the 176± acre Timmerman Ranch lies along State Highway 75 on the northwest side of Timmerman Hill 15 miles south of the airport in Hailey. The property is utilized as part of a local ranching operation and features 55± acres of sprinkler irrigated cropland and an additional four acres of irrigated land managed as a tree farm planted with conifers. A 55± acre dry pasture with a seasonal spring and stock pond is located west of the irrigated lands and used for seasonal grazing. The ranch also encompasses an older set of buildings that evolved from the original stage stop developed by John Timmerman in the late 19th century. Located in a grove of cottonwoods at the northeast corner of the property, structures include a 1984 manufactured home, two older frame homes, and several storage/shop buildings. The ranch offers excellent building locations with elevated views north across the Wood River Valley to Bald Mountain, Kelly Mountain, and the peaks of the Pioneer Range. Boating, waterskiing, and fishing are nearby on Magic Reservoir, and the area is home to a number of destination trout streams as well as excellent big game hunting for elk, mule deer, and antelope. The resort amenities of Sun Valley, including world-class skiing, fine dining, and excellent golf courses, are located just a half-hour north of the property. The Timmerman Ranch represents a multi-dimensional investment with potential as a year-round ranch and residence, a long-term holding with an attractive entry price, and a site for future development. Located at the gateway to Sun Valley, the ranch is also an excellent candidate for a conservation easement.
Just the Facts
- 176± deeded acres a half-hour south of Ketchum/Sun Valley fronting Highway 75
- Adjudicated water rights for 59.3 acres using two irrigation wells
- Currently managed as part of a larger, local ranching operation for hay production and seasonal grazing
- Consists of three original parcels that are dividable without county approval
- Borders BLM and private lands under conservation easement
- Elevated location with wonderful views across the Wood River Valley
- Outstanding fishing located nearby on Silver Creek, the Big Wood River, and Magic Reservoir
- Located in hunt unit 52 and the Smokey-Bennett elk management zone
- Strong conservation easement potential
- Annual property taxes are approximately $2,000
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Fish Creek Ranch 20Carey, ID
Located 40 miles east of Sun Valley’s airport in the foothills of the Pioneer Mountains, this scenic ranch features 1,080± deeded acres, irrigated pastures, functional improvements, and over two miles of year-round streams.
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.