Situated on the east flank of the valley, the 4,667± acre Bitterroot Mountain Retreat offers a well-blocked and private holding, one hour from Missoula, Montana’s second largest city. Nestled in the foothills of the Sapphire Range, this sprawling complex delivers a classic foothill assemblage with expansive, gently ascending native range below giving way to forested ridges and gullies in the upper elevations. With a five-mile boundary with Bitterroot National Forest, the recreational opportunities are significant on both the deeded and public ground. The ranch is lightly yet thoughtfully improved with a lodge and two remote cabins.
The ranch is situated in Hunting District 261, one of Montana’s top trophy mule deer management areas. In addition to quality mule deer, elk utilize the property in both archery and rifle season offering good representative bulls. Other species such as whitetail deer, black bear, mountain lion, grouse, and a myriad of smaller game and birds call the ranch home.
In addition to the hunting, the property offers a multitude of recreational pursuits, including horseback riding, hiking, four-wheeling/trail riding, mountain biking, cross-country skiing, and bird watching. The vast mountain ranges, beautiful meadows, long vistas, and lush valleys contribute to the area and includes trail systems which offer additional recreational experiences.
The Bitterroot Mountain Retreat offers top-shelf improvements, rich topographical diversity, and healthy populations of big game in an accessible and a desirable western Montana locale.
Just the Facts
- 4,667± acre well-blocked mix of native range and timber on the east flank of the famed Bitterroot Valley in the foothills of the Sapphire Mountain Range
- 3,700± square foot resplendent metal-clad lodge with accommodation for a dozen guests, commercial kitchen, spa, and game processing/storing facility situated in prime elk and mule deer habitat
- Two fully-appointed hunting cabins accommodating several guests each
- Coveted Hunting District 261 with one of the best trophy mule deer tags in the state
- Five-mile boundary with the US Forest Service increasing recreational opportunities
- One hour drive to Missoula, Montana’s second largest city and 25 minutes to Hamilton, a town of approximately 5,000 people
- 194 AUM state grazing lease
- Extensive stock water system utilizing wells and springs
- Perimeter and cross-fencing
- The Bitterroot Valley offers some of the mildest climate in the state
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Island Butte RanchDell, MT
This offering represents a rare opportunity to purchase property in the Big Sheep Creek Basin, a place rich in the ranching tradition. Beautiful scenery, large mountain vistas and great neighbors. This ranch consists of 4000± deeded acres, 6000± BLM, 6000± Forrest and 1200± State leases.
Bremmer Creek RanchBozeman, MT
The 1,048± acre ranch is located on the West side of the Bridger Mountains, 40 minutes from the recreational Mecca of Bozeman. Privately situated, the land offers spectacular views, is full of wildlife & surrounded by vast historic ranches. North Ridge Ranch is well watered by Bremmer Creek; owns 100% of the mineral rights & can carry 100 cows.
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.