Rolling grass, privacy, views, water, and proximity to town make this 1,315± acre property a unique place. Two square miles of land, privately owned and privately leased, are elevated on a plateau between the Missouri and Smith rivers. Several mountain ranges flank the property including the Big Belts to the north. Its scenic beauty was made famous by painter Charles M. Russell for its Square Butte. The nearby Little Belt Mountain range forms the southern view. The Highwoods and Rocky Mountain front add to a classic Big Sky landscape to the northwest and east. This is a big open country with neighbors’ miles apart, yet one is within 20 minutes of the town of Cascade and 45 minutes of Great Falls. The nearby rivers and national forests afford abundant and diverse recreation. Electricity and a public road adjoin the property. A neighboring well suggests shallow groundwater for one’s own use.
Just the Facts
- 865± deeded acres
- 450± acre grazing lease (150 yearlings for 30 days)
- Two reservoirs – one with water most of the time, the other during wet years
- Approximately half a mile of seasonal West Fork Flat Creek
- Three miles of water line serve seven troughs (new owner will need a new well to replace the neighbors)
- Schrammeck Lake, located on the adjacent grazing lease, has seasonal water
- 12 miles east of Cascade and the Missouri River
- 28 miles from commercial air service in Great Falls
- Carrying capacity of approximately 725 AUMs - 150 AU for five months
- Small gravel pit
- No known mineral exploration or development; all mineral interests, if any, will transfer to the new owner
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Island Butte RanchDell, MT
This offering represents a rare opportunity to purchase property in the Big Sheep Creek Basin, a place rich in the ranching tradition. Beautiful scenery, large mountain vistas and great neighbors. This ranch consists of 4000± deeded acres, 6000± BLM, 6000± Forrest and 1200± State leases.
Bremmer Creek RanchBozeman, MT
The 1,048± acre ranch is located on the West side of the Bridger Mountains, 40 minutes from the recreational Mecca of Bozeman. Privately situated, the land offers spectacular views, is full of wildlife & surrounded by vast historic ranches. North Ridge Ranch is well watered by Bremmer Creek; owns 100% of the mineral rights & can carry 100 cows.
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.