Strawberry Ridge Cabin is 791± acres, located about three and a half miles west of Pony, and an hour’s drive from Bozeman. A small cabin with a covered porch and sleeping loft rests in a small meadow near an unnamed creek, circa the 1980s. The land is a combination of upland sage meadows and forested mountainsides, with focused riparian areas along the small stream bed. Approximately 3,569 leased acres adjoin the ranch contiguous to the deeded acreage and one another. Within that number are 607± acres of adjacent state lease, 2,698± acres of BLM lease, and 264± acres of USFS lease. The property is wide open for recreational enjoyment, with thousands of acres to traverse and other adjoining public lands. Whether keeping a few horses, backpacking, hiking, or luminous star-filled evenings by a campfire, the privacy within proximity to society and amenities makes this a desirable property. Currently leased for grazing, a new owner may choose to work with the current lessors. Whitetail deer, upland birds, antelope, bears, birds of prey, and a wide variety of other wildlife populate the surrounding area. A replacement residence is permitted within the same general location as the existing cabin, and all associated structures shall be located within a five-acre building envelope. The site absorbs a magnificent view of three prominent mountain ranges, including the Tobacco Roots, the Bridgers, and the Madison Range. An hour’s drive from the city of Bozeman and an international airfield. Skiing at Bridger Bowl or Big Sky Ski Resort is about 90 minutes, and Yellowstone National Park is an attainable three-hour drive.
Just the Facts
- 791± deeded acres
- Approximately three and a half miles west of Pony and an hour’s drive to Bozeman
- 607± acres of adjacent state lease, 2,698± acres of BLM lease, and 264± acres of USFS lease, connected to thousands of acres of public land
- Tremendous mountain valley views, with Bozeman lights visible to the east on clear nights
- Small cabin currently located on the property replaceable with a new residence, within the terms of a conservation easement
- Enjoyable rural location with a social mountain bar in Pony, two nearby hot springs locations, and an easy hour drive to Bozeman and all of its amenities