The Diamond S Ranch is a small working ranch just two miles west of Hyattville with highly sought-after private fly fishing and magnificent views of the Bighorn Mountains. The ranch’s 600± deeded acre headquarters is predominately highly fertile irrigated land producing multiple alfalfa/grass cuttings every year under sprinkler and flood irrigation. The ranch’s 413± acres of territorial water rights come from both Paint Rock Creek and Medicine Lodge Creek. This 600± deeded acres sits adjacent to well over 100,000 acres of state and BLM lands which connect to 1.1 million acres of the Bighorn National Forrest. The ranch has just shy of two miles of extraordinary private fishing on both sides of Paint Rock Creek which is enhanced in this area by numerous natural springs. The main deeded portion of the ranch offers excellent waterfowl and upland bird hunting along with good populations of whitetail deer. When combined with access to adjacent public lands, the Diamond S is truly a recreational paradise. The improvements consist of a newly constructed two-story ranch home, the original historic ranch manager’s house, a fishing cabin, and four working shops or sheds used for both livestock and equipment. In summary, a modest operating ranch with extraordinary recreational amenities.
Just the Facts
- ACREAGE: Approximately 600 deeded acres adjacent to thousands of public acres.
- IMPROVEMENTS: Three comfortable houses, a fishing cabin, and good operational outbuildings.
- AESTHETICS: The lush creek bottoms and irrigated meadows offer a pleasing foreground for big views of the Bighorn Mountain’s highest peaks.
- CLIMATE: Mild year-round Wyoming weather.
- FISHING: Nearly two miles on both sides of Paint Rock Creek for trout fishing.
- ACCESS: Excellent roads for year-round access.
- WILDLIFE: Strong populations of upland game, big game, and migrating waterfowl.
- Water: Multiple springs originating on the property plus territorial water rights for 413± acres of irrigation.
- LOCATION: Two miles west of Hyattville adjoining millions of acres of public lands.
- GENERAL OPERATION: Newly installed irrigation systems and 413± acres of irrigated land provide a productive base for a modest cattle operation.
- CONDITION: All fences, buildings, and livestock containments in excellent working condition.
- SUMMARY: A modest operating ranch with extraordinary recreational amenities.
At Hall and Hall, we make your financing needs our top priority. Whether you’re looking for a ranch, farm, or recreational land loan, our competitive rates and equitable minimums ensure you lock in the best financial package available.
With the goal of making land ownership an enjoyable and trouble free experience, Hall and Hall’s management group continues to be a leader in providing management and consulting services to landowners across our region.
Since launching Hall and Hall Auctions in 2010, we have become a leader in investment quality rural real estate auctions and have produced hundreds of millions of dollars in closed transactions.