The Diamond S Ranch is a small working ranch just two miles west of Hyattville with highly sought-after private fly fishing and magnificent views of the Bighorn Mountains. The ranch’s 600± deeded acre headquarters is predominately highly fertile irrigated land producing multiple alfalfa/grass cuttings every year under sprinkler and flood irrigation. The ranch’s 413± acres of territorial water rights come from both Paint Rock Creek and Medicine Lodge Creek. This 600± deeded acres sits adjacent to well over 100,000 acres of state and BLM lands which connect to 1.1 million acres of the Bighorn National Forrest. The ranch has just shy of two miles of extraordinary private fishing on both sides of Paint Rock Creek which is enhanced in this area by numerous natural springs. The main deeded portion of the ranch offers excellent waterfowl and upland bird hunting along with good populations of whitetail deer. When combined with access to adjacent public lands, the Diamond S is truly a recreational paradise. The improvements consist of a newly constructed two-story ranch home, the original historic ranch manager’s house, a fishing cabin, and four working shops or sheds used for both livestock and equipment. In summary, a modest operating ranch with extraordinary recreational amenities.
Just the Facts
- ACREAGE: Approximately 600 deeded acres adjacent to thousands of public acres.
- IMPROVEMENTS: Three comfortable houses, a fishing cabin, and good operational outbuildings.
- AESTHETICS: The lush creek bottoms and irrigated meadows offer a pleasing foreground for big views of the Bighorn Mountain’s highest peaks.
- CLIMATE: Mild year-round Wyoming weather.
- FISHING: Nearly two miles on both sides of Paint Rock Creek for trout fishing.
- ACCESS: Excellent roads for year-round access.
- WILDLIFE: Strong populations of upland game, big game, and migrating waterfowl.
- Water: Multiple springs originating on the property plus territorial water rights for 413± acres of irrigation.
- LOCATION: Two miles west of Hyattville adjoining millions of acres of public lands.
- GENERAL OPERATION: Newly installed irrigation systems and 413± acres of irrigated land provide a productive base for a modest cattle operation.
- CONDITION: All fences, buildings, and livestock containments in excellent working condition.
- SUMMARY: A modest operating ranch with extraordinary recreational amenities.
Other PropertiesMore Like This
Thunder River RanchLaramie, WY
Encompassing a diverse landscape of 26,056± total acres (20,502± deeded plus 5,554± leased) that are well-blocked and extremely private, Thunder River Ranch combines a large working ranch with outstanding big game hunting and fishing.
Encompassing nearly the entire upper Laramie River Valley in northern Colorado, this landmark 37,881± total acre ranch combines a profitable agricultural operation with over 27 miles of live water, outstanding wildlife and picturesque scenery.
Pine Creek Ranch is comprised of 3,476± acres of predominately grassland pastures adjacent to the Red River. The diversity and agricultural production offer value to the cattle and outdoor enthusiast.
The ranch consists of 1,731± deeded acres four miles north of Stapleton, Nebraska. The property borders Highway 83 and features 184± acres pivot irrigated, living shelterbelt, wetlands, and native Sandhill range.
Lazy L Creek Ranch is a 1,489± acre ranch located 15 miles from Red Lodge, Montana. The ranch boasts creek frontage on Red Lodge Creek, renovated improvements, and dramatic mountain views.
18,154± acre (7,260± deeded) balanced working ranch rated at 300 AUs 25 miles SE of Wright. Full set of improvements including a comfortable home. Excellent hunting for elk, deer, antelope.
Spanning an enormous block of mountain land rising from a trout-filled river up to the national forest, this exceptional 11,900± acre sporting paradise is distinguished by its trophy hunting, outstanding fishing, and luxurious lakeside lodge.
1,232± acres on the Tennessee River in Decatur County, TN. Ideal hunting habitat. 415± acres of farmland generating $52,000± annually. 100± acre natural cypress lake. Two hours from Nashville.
Plummers Creek Ranch offers lush Bermuda pastures, big western views, and perfectly sized improvements for the cattlemen and weekenders alike. Several ponds, excellent fencing, and fertile soils.
Summer grazing for 250 pair and premium elk hunting near Townsend, Montana. Upper Greyson Creek is a 1,945± (1,305± deeded, 640± leased) acre, well-watered ranch with 1,729± square foot log home.
Cattle ranch and recreational property. Grassy hillsides, pastures, irrigated pivots, hay ground and treed creek and river bottoms. Five and a half miles of Cheyenne River and 13 miles of Rapid Creek.
Just over an hour’s drive west of Albuquerque, NM, the Lobo Ranch spans over 70± square miles offering 46,485± deeded acres of stunningly beautiful landscape and is contiguous to the Marquez Wildlife Area.
The historic Duck Bar Ranch is comprised of 7,005± acres located in the Nebraska Sandhills and features over 6-miles of Gordon Creek. The ranch boasts a carrying capacity of 400 cows with supporting livestock.
Blessed with unequalled views, privacy, recreation, and wildlife within 10 miles of Pagosa Springs, this 9,600± acre holding borders national forest and includes a private lake, ponds, and miles of creeks.